HireMinds is seeking your expertise in Cellular Biology Assay Development to add to a growing Biotech team located in Waltham, MA. Our client has recent funding news and venture backed partners guiding their journey into development of next-generation protein-degradation drug discoveries and novel molecules. In this role you'll use your skills in the development of assays and pharmacology to guide studies to advance the drug discovery path, from target selection to development candidate identification. If this role sounds exciting to you, reach out to the HireMinds team today to apply and learn more.In This Role You'll Be Responsible For:
In This Role You'll Bring:
- Contribute to project plans for the organization in target selection with novel approaches to protein degradation in design and execution for critical cellular assays and preclinical plans.
- Effectively enable and lead multiple drug discovery projects via the design, implementation, and interpretation of relevant and robust cell-based and in vivo assays.
- Oversee the operational management and contracts of external CROs, academic, and business partners and maintain efficient workflows to meet timelines.
- Contribute to and foster company established practices and procedures, including laboratory protocols, notebooks and data capture
- Ph.D. degree with 10+ years of industry experience in cellular biology, biochemistry, pharmacology or related discipline.
- Proven track-record of contributions of early-stage projects towards preclinical and IND stages and beyond
- Expertise through career accomplishments in target validation, hit finding, lead optimization, quantitative data analysis, and mechanism of action studies.
- Strong background in cell-based assays, cellular pharmacology, and/or in vivo animal modeling.
- Design and communicate clear research plans to address scientific objectives including prioritization, relevance, risk mitigation, and timelines in accordance with company's scientific objectives.
- Ability to work with minimal direction to meet objectives and timelines, adapting to changes and priorities in an evolving biotech environment