We are seeking trailblazers, motivated to deliver innovative solutions, who are enthusiastic collaborators, driven by a sense of urgency to assist patients.
Code Biotherapeutics is a privately-held biotechnology company pioneering the development of genetic medicines to treat and potentially cure serious and life-threatening genetic diseases. Code Bio leverages its proprietary, novel multivalent synthetic DNA delivery platform, 3DNA®, which has been engineered to overcome many of the challenges inherent with viral-based gene therapies such as immunogenicity, gene of interest size and delivery limitations, ability to re-dose, and vector manufacturing complexity. The Company is advancing an internal pipeline focused on select diseases without a cure (Type 1 Diabetes and Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy), as well as establishing partnerships to take forward programs in both rare and prevalent diseases.Research Scientist; Gene Delivery/Molecular BiologyKey Responsibilities:
- primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work independently and a part of an interdisciplinary team to evaluate non-viral gene therapies using our patented DNA scaffold technology.
- Develop cell and molecular assays to assess potency and durability of genetic payloads.
- Perform in vitro assays of gene expression including ELISA, microscopy, luciferase, SEAP, and other cell-based potency assays.
- Research, design, and execute approaches to deliver gene editing payloads to diverse cell types in vitro and in vivo.
- Collaborate and manage projects between industry, academia, and internal partners.
- Design and test protocols for transfer to the Development team.
- Maintain data acquisition and analysis in electronic laboratory notebook.
- PhD in genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry, or cell biology with 0-3 years of laboratory experience or a MS degree with 5-7 years of laboratory experience.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and multitask in a highly entrepreneurial environment
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture
- Transfection and transduction in cells
- Experience with standard molecular techniques: DNA/RNA isolation, quantitative PCR, Western blotting, fluorescence microscopy
- Experience with various plate-based assay screens (i.e., fluorescence, luminescence, and/or ELISA)
- Experience in molecular cloning and designing expression vectors
- Experience with non-viral vectors, AAV, and/or vaccine development
- Experience with gene editing field and techniques such as CRISPR
- Ability to design, coordinate, and interpret animal studies
Code Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Code Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
In addition, Code Bio is committed to social responsibility and developing an inclusive culture. Much like the development of our novel delivery of genetic medicines, we believe that our work requires the creativity and ingenuity of a diverse workforce, and we are committed to pursuing that in all facets of the work experience at Code Bio. We will continue to educate ourselves about the inequities and barriers present in our society and act as a company where we can make a difference.
Code Bio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Code Bio we believe in investing in our team. Our compensation & benefits programs are just one of the many ways we strive to help our employees take care of themselves and their families. We offer a variety of programs, from comprehensive medical insurance to generous time off policies designed to help meet the needs of our diverse team.
· Competitive base salary and annual incentive opportunities
· Equity participation
· Comprehensive health and welfare benefits (including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and accident insurance)
· Wellness and recognition programs
· Paid time off and holidays, including a week off at the end of the year to re-charge
· Flexible work arrangements, including remote working (if applicable)
· Environment where professional development is actively encouraged and supported.