Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR â‚¬ 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Understand and follow Quality System documents relevant to responsibilities, e.g., Quality Manual, SOPs, Methods, and Local Policies.
- Adhere to appropriate quality measures, which meet or exceed the standards set by ISO/IEC 17025, government regulatory, and company requirements.
- Follow all company guidelines and procedures relevant to assigned duties.
- Adhere to all pertinent health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Assist in the daily assaying of samples. Perform testing from a daily work list.
- Set up batches of samples to weigh and weigh samples.
- Identify from samples assayed the need for rechecks.
- Prepare solutions used in the daily testing of designated samples.
- Maintain a neat and accurate record system; keep accurate records of work performed on a daily basis or as needed for quality control tests or regulatory purposes.
- Record test data and results for samples in logbook, record book or BookMaster and enter the data or results into eLIMS either manually or through automatic export in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain a safe and clean laboratory; clean work area and glassware used in analyses, dispose of hazardous wastes according to established procedures; assist others in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Identify method/matrix/analytical difficulties and report these together with proposed solutions to supervisor.
- Ensure that proprietary methodologies are not disclosed to non-employees except as approved in writing by the Laboratory Manager or appointed designate.
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
The Basic Minimum Qualitifications
- Responsive, independent problem solver and action oriented
- Basic understanding of cGMP and ISO 17025 guidelines
- Background in Science
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is part-time, on-call.$20/hr role Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Des Moines, IA are encouraged to apply.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.