Crete Analytical Laboratory
As a trusted partner, our Public Health mission is to make food systems safer, healthier and more sustainable. Throughout our global network in 27 countries, we offer to our customers a wide range of testing and innovative solutions dedicated to preventing health risks related to food, environment and consumer goods. External growth has been a key pillar of our history with more than 40 acquisitions completed in the last 10 years.
If you want to contribute to an inspiring long-term purpose, to be part of a fast growing company on a high-value market with significant build-up opportunities, and to grow in an entrepreneurial and warm environment, join us!
YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE
We are looking for a Microbiology Technician in 3600 Eagle Nest Dr, North Building, Crete, IL 60417 USA. Your mission will be to:
- Read plates and tubes, as required, to determine the number of organisms in the sample
- Record findings on worksheet for verification
- Write identification onto plates so that client and sample number can be tracked
- Pipette sample solution into tubes or plates according to the analysis process being performed
- Pour the agar into plates or tubes to begin the growth process
- Prepare sample for analysis by recording, weighing, and blending
- Collect plates and place them in the incubator for the specified amount of time and temperature
- Prepare media and broth for use in pathogen testing as required
- Sterilize materials needed for analysis. Autoclave plates before discarding
- Perform food poisoning, pH and other analysis tests on sample when requested by the client
- Ensure that media and materials are prepared for the next testing sequence
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities
- Set up equipment and materials needed for analysis
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process
- Perform necessary housekeeping duties in a timely manner, keeping the work areas and equipment clean and sanitized
- Must participate in cleaning schedule and maintain retain samples as required
- Adhere to all safety policies
- Responsibility to support laboratory management in the implementation maintenance, and improvement of the management system
- Perform other related tasks as needed
- No previous laboratory experience is required
- Great fit for applicants with previous experience in manufacturing, production, warehouse, food industry, food service, retail, or other fast paced environments
- Works in a laboratory setting with proper lighting and temperature control.
WHY JOIN US?
- Because you would contribute to an inspiring Public Health purpose, supported by long-term and visionary shareholders.
- Because you would have an impact on our strategic pillars that build on 50 years of experience and expertise.
- Because you would be part of a community of an enthusiastic and skilled group of people who love co-building together and serving a purpose bigger than them.
- Because you would be welcome as you are, in a diverse and open-minded environment that is rich in our singularities and differences.
- Because you would grow in an international group of more than 8200 fantastic team members, with plenty of opportunities to learn and share.
Ready for the journey?
To apply please click on 'Apply now' button