Job Description Position Summary
This position is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining an environmental health and safety (EHS) and security programs that supports company-wide needs and complies with federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations.
The incumbent will be responsible for developing implementation strategy, defining priorities, writing procedures and managing Committee(s) under supervision. Where appropriate, the incumbent will provide training to company staff and function as a subject matter expert.
Position will function as EHS, Security, & Facilities Business Partner for assigned functional areas. In addition, will fulfill site-wide responsibilities for EHS, Security and Sustainability initiatives.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Position Expertise/QualificationsMinimum Years of Experience
- Define strategy for implementing a comprehensive environmental health & safety and security programs to support the expanding needs of the BioTissue functions.
- Develop safety guidelines, procedures and related documentation to comply with federal, state and local environmental health, safety and regulations.
- Conduct surveys of company facilities to identify existing and potentially hazardous conditions. Monitor compliance with applicable regulations, codes and internal policies / procedures by inspecting facilities, equipment, work areas, construction areas, work practices and the collection of associated data and records. Develop and manage remediation plans where appropriate.
- Coordinate and document any testing needed to comply with non-product related health and safety requirements.
- Perform industrial health monitoring of manufacturing areas, interpret the results and implement changes as required.
- Review procedures for the procurement, receipt, storage and distribution of regulated hazardous materials arriving or departing from company facilities.
- Manage storage, recycling, reuse & disposal of residual, and hazardous wastes.
- Develops and conducts monthly safety meetings.
- Lead BioTissue Hurricane & Emergency Preparedness and Response Team, and restart of company facilities following emergency events.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Practices (SOPs) relating to environmental health and safety activities to enable the efficient operation of the business functions.
- Evaluate new materials and materials use to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, promote a safe work environment and protect the environment.
- Work with Facilities and Engineering in the design and installation of new or altered equipment, processes or facilities with the goal of eliminating or reducing safety hazards and environmental impact.
- Provide leadership to investigate and timely close out all work-related accidents, injuries, near misses and non-compliance incidents, security and facility emergency response issues (24/7). Account KPIs are maintained, OSHA logs are accurate, and all incidents and injuries are escalated on time. Supports post-incident analysis to determine mitigation strategies to reduce future incident frequency and impact.
- Function as primary point of contact for company compliance interactions relative to EHS, Security, Facilities and as well as outside agencies such as OSHA, fire/building departments, health inspectors, air quality inspectors, and insurance representatives including reporting, notification, facilitating inspections, and ensuring closure of corrective actions.
- Facilitates implementation of continuous improvement and compliance assurance programs to ensure the site complies with applicable regulatory and company requirements and is "inspection ready" at all times.
- Procure and maintain records, data, or information necessary to: prepare internally or externally required reports; respond to agency requests; and verify compliance with EHS requirements.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations for assigned work group or team including interfacing with landlord's agents, government, city inspectors, contractors and service providers.
- Supervise, coordinate and advise the facility regarding permits related to operations and construction projects.
- Project management skills, team building, and organizational ability to implement new projects and programs in a timely and effective manner and to arrange competing tasks into logical steps.
- Provide Safety Training (train the trainer) to ensure that facility teams receive required training, including but not limited to: Loss Prevention System (LPS), Fire Life Safety, Confined Space (if applicable), Power Truck, Ergonomics, etc.
- Manage contractor safety programs, ensuring program are in place and lead contractor safety forums.
- Lead BioTissue site security, access control, alarm and surveillance systems.
Skills & Abilities
- 3 years of Manufacturing experience,
- Pharmaceutical / Biotech (preferred)
- Knowledge of applicable laws, EPA, OSHA and DOT regulations, nationally recognized standards, and
- guidelines related to environmental health and safety functions as required by position.
- Possess strong verbal and written skills. Must be highly organized with strong time management, prioritization abilities,
- attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to wear and use appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and sufficient dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of program.
- Ability to respond promptly in-person to south Florida locations in the event of an environmental, weather or
- safety emergency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English. Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Up to 10% Domestic Periodic local travel to company facilities will be required.
Candidates who cannot perform one or more of these requirements due to disability will be eligible for consideration based on whether the candidate can perform the essential functions of the position with a reasonable accommodation.