Environmental Project Manager - RenewablesLocation:
Chicago IL or Downers Grove IL or Madison WI or Detroit MIBenefits:
Employer paid benefits, stock program, 401k match (stock & bonus typically 20%+)Schedule:
M-F on-site (some remote flexibility and 25% travel)Relocation:
YesDescriptionThe position will report to the Chicago Natural and Cultural Resources Department Manager but can sit in any of our Chicago, Detroit or Madison, WI, offices. Will primarily support ongoing projects in the Midwest but has the opportunity to support renewable work throughout the U.S.This position will be responsible for federal, state, and local permitting to facilitate the construction of these facilities throughout the Midwest market. These activities may include business development, proposal development, marketing, developing permitting strategies and schedules, managing resource survey activities, participating in public meetings, negotiating with regulatory agencies, managing construction, contracts, schedules and budgets.The position's responsibilities are summarized below:
- Manage permitting and compliance for renewable facilities, including completion and submittal of federal, state and local permits;
- Provide project management to ensure projects are completed within the budget and schedule identified that meets the expectations of each client;
- Provide technical guidance to internal and external project teams for the successful completion of regulatory requirements by developing and implementing strategies for obtaining permits and approvals in accordance with Project schedules;
- Manage the preparation of documents or technical documents, as needed.
- Identify and develop strategies for change management with the appropriate regulatory agency and assess risks associated with permit strategies, project change requests and agency interactions;
- Participate in business development of the renewable market by developing and executing sales and marketing plans, managing client accounts, contract negotiations, developing technical proposals and cost estimates for renewable projects, and developing relationships with new and existing clients.
- Manage construction compliance (implementation of necessary permits) of these facilities as requested by the client.
- Mentor less experienced staff and performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in a natural resources field, environmental science, or related field from an accredited program.
- Minimum 6 years related experience.
- Must have ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of industry, government, and public contracts on project-related matters.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations for renewable projects in the Midwest is a must.
- Experience with state siting processes for these facilities is desired.
- The preferred applicant will also possess knowledge of regulations and permitting requirements for wetlands, threatened and endangered species, stormwater and erosion & sediment control, cultural resources and architectural history, and the National Environmental Policy Act.