. This position is responsible for assisting in implementing and supporting projects and programs to ensure protection of people, processes, equipment, products, and the environment from injury, risk, or economic loss. This position will also coordinate and conduct training, audits, program reviews and hazard identification as needed, and complete and coordinate submission of required regulatory documentation. This position will report to the Plant Environmental Health and Safety Manager.Essential Functions
- In conjunction with the EHS Manager and Human Resources participate in screenings, plant tours and selection process for EHS department candidates.
- Participate in the process of creating job requisition forms and job descriptions.
- Investigate safety incidents, close calls, chemical spills, and environmental releases including formal root-cause analysis and reporting.
- Implement required EHS and safety training to promote safety awareness and address unsafe behavior and conditions. Examples include, Right to Know, Lock Out-Tag Out, Severe Weather Emergency, Evacuation, Blood-borne Pathogen Control, Ergonomics, and others as required.
- Attend Manufacturing Team Huddles in support of safety initiatives and processing safety related catch cards
- Lead Safety Committee and associated activities following up on action items
- Conduct safety presentation of new hire orientation
- Assist production staff, supervisors, and managers in understanding OSHA regulations and standards, including guidance on compliance, inspections, and citations.
- Conduct site audits to identify occupational hazards and regulatory compliance issues. Develop and implement corrective and preventive measures to eliminate out-of-compliance audit findings.
- Assist Plant Supervisors in managing and enforcing compliance on all safety programs, including PPE, Fall Protection, Lockout Tagout, etc.
- Promote Safety awareness through internal company communication screens, newsletters and specific training programs.
- Maintain emergency response programs and lead emergency response drills
- Assist in maintaining environmental compliance, including performing environmental audits, spill reporting and permitting.
- Maintain the Company's MSDS documentation, to include evaluation of new products for safety and environmental impact.
- Assist in managing EHS information to include required files, retention of records, and journals.
- Additional duties as assigned.
● Not applicableQualifications & Traits
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
● 5+ years of applicable experience in a manufacturing environment required.
● Strong knowledge of current and relevant Federal and State EHS regulations and best practices.
● Experience conducting EHS inspections, promoting and monitoring workplace safety and environmental compliance.
● Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision.
● Excellent writing, interpersonal and communication skills.
● Ability to interact effectively with all levels of Engineering, Operations and Management.
● Adept at using and interacting through social media including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
● Socially adept at meeting new people and quickly building rapport.
● Technologically adept at using all aspects of MS365 tools.
Company DescriptionAt American Performance Polymers (APP), we've built a culture where a focus on people, safety, and quality supports a world class manufacturing facility. Located in the Great North Woods region of New Hampshire, we leverage a history that spans over 65 years providing the region with jobs. We are proud to bring nitrile exam glove manufacturing back to the United States and are quickly becoming the leader in these and many other latex products. Join our diverse team of exceptional employees as we work on challenging and rewarding projects that will expand your professional skills and talents, all the while producing products that protect lives. Together, you and APP can build a professional life worth living.