Job DescriptionEnvironmental Health & Safety Specialist
When you work at Caljan USA you become part of a world-wide organization.
Caljan Inc. is a leading provider of Logistics Automation Solutions and is the leading manufacturer and provider of telescopic conveyor systems. Our mission is to improve industrial safety and productivity worldwide through quality and innovation.
We're growing…and if you have experience in a safety-related field, this might be the perfect opportunity for you! Caljan Inc requires all employees hired after January 17, 2022 to be fully vaccinated/boosted against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations. What does the EH & S Coordinator do?
Under the general direction of the Director of Operations, the Environmental Health & Safety (EH & S) Coordinator leads Caljan Inc.'s US organization in developing and implementing health, safety, and environmental compliance and programs. Works closely with site management to develop and champion safety awareness and compliance on the part of all employees.
What you bring…
- Develop, coordinate, and lead the implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive health and safety program, designed to prevent injuries and occupational illness, and ensure compliance with regulatory and Company requirements
- Inspect facilities, machinery, equipment, and personnel practices to identify potential EHS concerns and hazards
- Train employees and management in safe practices including, but not limited to, Hazard Communication, bloodborne pathogens, respirator use, lock-out/tag-out, forklift operation, fire protection, and safe lifting
- Utilize ERP system for tracking KPIs and report to site management and Group QHSE Manager
- Assist in Workers' Compensation and safety investigations by conducting accident investigations and providing recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- Act as a liaison between Human Resources and Operations to handle all Worker's Compensation and Return-to-Work programs.
- Represent Caljan Inc. in dealing with government agencies on EHS matters affecting the Company
- Manage environmental programs by responding to hazardous waste and environmental issues, maintaining report requirements for the EPA and auditing and monitoring waste disposal practices
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Health and Safety or a related subject, with at least 3 years of experience in a safety-related field
- Knowledge of local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations and the ability to access resources (e.g., regulatory agencies, web-based information)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be skilled in the use of Microsoft Office
Equal Opportunity Employer
Company DescriptionCaljan Inc US is a growing leader in Logistics Automation Solutions and is the leading manufacturer and provider of telescopic systems. Headquartered in Denmark, Caljan comprises four divisions - Telescopic conveyors, Document Handling & Labelling, Depot Automation and Aftermarket.