level determined based on experience
Purpose of the Position:
This position reports to the Director of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS), and executes hands-on EHS functions for the site, providing guidance and support to employees and management as required. This position also assists with collecting key performance indicators and making recommendations for continuous improvement of EHS systems.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Facilitates hazard assessments, especially pertaining to the use of hazardous chemicals, including coordination or performance of industrial hygiene monitoring to determine exposure.
• Develops and implements EHS programs.
• Develops and presents EHS training sessions.
• Facilitates incident investigations and implementation of corrective actions.•
Coordinates and participates in site emergency response teams (chemical spills, medical emergencies, and building evacuation).
Job Knowledge Required:
• Bachelor's degree in occupational health & safety, environmental science or closely-related field with 5-10 years of hands-on EHS experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or chemical processing related field, including experience with requirements from local, state and federal agencies including OSHA, EPA, DOT, and NFPA.
• Experience with chemical hazards in both manufacturing and laboratory settings strongly preferred.
• Training and hands-on experience in incident command, emergency response, HAZMAT, first aid, or other relevant EHS topics strongly preferred.
Physical Job Requirements:
• Able to manually handle materials up to 50 lbs, including lifting, pulling, pushing, climbing, crouching, grasping, kneeling, etc.
• Able to wear a respirator (full-face air-purifying, including powered air)
• Able to hear and talk
• Sufficient visual acuity (with or without correction) to drive vehicles and powered industrial trucks
• Incumbents in this position must have the capability to work effectively across a multi-site matrixed organization.
• They must be able to work independently under general supervision with the ability to prioritize projects while supporting operational needs.
• Able to work efficiently in teams as well as individually.
• Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills are required. High attention to detail preferred.
• The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) department is responsible for implementing programs and policies that comply with all local, state and federal EHS rules and regulations, and continuously strives to reduce the incidence and severity of occupational injury and illness.
• Employee must be able to directly interact with individuals across all functions and levels of the organization.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro