- Rangam Consultants Inc.
- Cambridge, Massachusetts, US
- Closing date
- Jun 1, 2022
- Academic / Research, Consultancy/Private Sector
- Informatics / GIS
- Salary Type
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Looking for a Bench scientist
- Intermediate level
- 4 yrs exp needed in cellular assay
- 100% onsite
- Running western blot, qPCR, ELISA
- Some exp in running immune based assay (Flow cytometry
- Having exp with small molecule is needed
- Able to analyze data
- PhD will be considered
- The candidate in this position will be responsible for developing and performing immune cell-based assays to enable oncology drug discovery programs.
- The candidate will collect and analyze data and will be responsible for effectively communicating results to project teams.
- The candidate should have strong communication and assay development skills and working knowledge of appropriate immuno-oncology cellular signaling assays.
- A solid skill-set in qPCR, ELISA/Western Blot/MSD, flow cytometry, cell culture techniques, including experience handling primary cells and ex vivo samples for assay execution is strongly desired.
- This position is 100% laboratory based.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the larger group to develop high-quality cell-based assays
- Adapt these assays for high-throughput formats
- Execute routine cell-based screening assays to ensure rapid and high-quality data delivery
- Analyze, interpret, and effectively report data at team meetings
- Troubleshoot assays to ensure high quality control
- Interface closely with colleagues to ensure assays and screening efforts are aligned to the scientific project goals
- Interface with Informatics and automation colleagues proactively to drive the evolution of screening platforms and ensure adequate maintenance of the cell-based assay infrastructure
Key Experiences and qualities:
- Experience with immune-based assays including: Isolation of immune-cell subsets, evaluation of lymphoid and myeloid cell biology and functional readouts, and tumor: immune cell co-cultures.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in developing various functional cell-based signaling assays (eg. Western blotting, Luminex, ELISA, MSD etc.) in recombinant and primary cells
- Expertise in databases, data analysis & analytics and specialized analysis tools is required
- Experience with automated liquid handlers, plate readers, software and robotics preferred
- Flow cytometry experience is highly desired
- Self-motivated and a proven ability to work in a multifunctional team setting
- Detail-oriented, highly organized with the ability to run multiple interleafed projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability and desire to master new skills, methods and technologies that enhance departmental capabilities
- BS or MS degree in biochemistry, pharmacology, cell biology or related field
- 4+ years of relevant industry research experience in assay development & execution, preferably in a drug discovery setting
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert