ABOUT ENSEM THERAPEUTICS
ENSEM Therapeutics ("ENSEM") is a Boston-based, preclinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on high value and difficult-to-drug targets in oncology to address unmet medical needs. The name ENSEM symbolizes innovations via the integration of groundbreaking technologies to decipher structural ENSEMbles and kinetics for drug design. The company's mission is to discover, develop, and commercialize transformative oncology therapies for patients, while leading the advancement of AI-driven structural ensemble and computational drug design.
NOTE: This role will move from Medford to Waltham in AugustPosition:
ENSEM Therapeutics is seeking experienced and motivated BS- or MS-level scientists with experience in cancer cell biology to join our Cell Biology team. In this role, you will design and perform cell studies to evaluate small molecules for their ability to inhibit oncogenic pathways.?? Key Responsibilities
- Report to one of our senior biologists.?
- Optimize mechanistic assays that will be used by external resources in routine testing of small molecules. Characterize lead compounds and development candidates to help advance projects to preclinical development and to enable development of biomarkers and assays for use in first-in-human studies.?
- Perform in vitro target knockdown or knockout studies for optimization of assays and reagents, and for target evaluation.???
- Collaborate with colleagues from other functional areas to assist in data interpretation and reporting.? Present experimental results in departmental and project team meetings.??
- All other duties as assigned.
- A BS degree (with 5+ years of experience), or an MS degree (with 3+ years of experience) in Biology, Pharmacology, Cell or Molecular Biology with experience in signal transduction pathways or gene expression regulation in mammalian cells is required.???
- Proficiency in the characterization of proteins and nucleic acids, using techniques such as immunoprecipitation, ELISA, and RT-PCR is required.? Candidates should have extensive experience with mammalian cell culture and transfection techniques.??
- Flexibility, adaptability, and multi-tasking in an interdisciplinary, hybrid (internal/outsourcing) and multi-site environment.??
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to articulate deliverables, progresses, and issues to the drug discovery team and solicit feedbacks from team members and industrial and academic partners.?
- Personal attributes: attention to details while focused on the big picture; ability to scientifically influence and motivate others; a team player who listens effectively and values feedbacks; collaborative, open-minded, data-driven, and creative; persistent, optimistic with can-do spirit.?
ENSEM Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an applicant or employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.