Our client is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. Our purpose is to create brighter lives for all. Our products and solutions solves some of the world's biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders - customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large. We deliver innovative solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. Founded in 1902, our company delivers annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees.Purpose of the job
Ensures compliance with multiple regulatory and internal aspects in the assigned areas of process safety.
Represents the company as point of contact for regulatory agencies.
Supports other departments with strategic project review and implementation.Key areas of accountability/responsibility. Executes activities to control risks, including risk assessment completion and review, audit management, incident investigation and tracking.Serves as process safety professional. In this, work toward Green Belt and Black Belt status within the DNP Process safety life cycle tract.Responsible for cyclical process safety reviews (e.g. HAZOP, Chemical Hazard Assessment, Explosion Risk Assessments, Job Safety Analysis, etc.)Develops and delivers some SHE trainings in accordance with state/ federal regulatory standards, DSM cultural atmosphere, Belvidere standards and SHE Requirements.Provide initial and effective new employee orientation SHE (EHS) training.Actively supports the greater SHE programs by being an active participant in the SHE Department.Participate in the delivery of all SafeStart modules as well as other aspects of the sustainability of the SafeStart program in Belvidere.Reviews SHE SOP's as part of regular cyclical review as well as when the topics covered in the SOPs come up in other job tasks.Works with area managers do Job Safety Analyses for operations and maintenance tasks which require them and perform cyclical reviews.Display and promote positive safety behaviors at all times; use proper personal protective equipment, appropriate safety tools, equipment and procedures to ensure that self and others go home safe each day; that area and equipment operates at the highest safety levels; that all people in the area (lab techs, maintenance, quality personnel, visitors, contractors, etc.) comply with safety keep the area neat and clean.Lead SHE audit process and manage actions and closure.Monthly reporting of key SHE metrics to corporate SHE Duties & Responsibilities: Display and promote positive safety behaviors at all times; use proper personal protective equipment, appropriate safety tools, equipment and and procedures to ensure that self and others go home safe each day; that area and equipment operate safely; that all people in the area comply with the safety requirements and keep the area neat and clean.Acts in such a way that safety awareness & accident prevention are considered in performing all tasks.Shows leadership and leads by example, by working to SHE standards and encouraging employees to work to the same standards.All employees are expected to be aware of and follow all Life Saving Rules. Authorities Write, review, and approve SOPs.Initiate Improve Plant proposals. Complexity of the job Balance work load to maintain compliance with SHEQ policies while completing projects and working to achieve department/plant goals.Communicating and maintaining professional relations with regulatory agencies, state inspectors to safeguard Site's License to Operate.Maintaining proficiency in current State and Federal (USEPA) regulations for process safety compliance.Ability to quickly respond to any process safety concerns and abate such problems to safeguard the organization's license to operate. Knowledge and educational level
- Minimum bachelor's degree in chemical engineering or a SHE discipline required, advanced degree preferred
- Professional certification in safety field highly desirable (e.g. GSP, etc.)
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Operations with experience working with SHE standards and practices.
- Professional level of verbal and written communication, technical writing, interpersonal, participative leadership, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of SHE Requirements and Belvidere SHE standards, Safety, Health, and Environmental practices.
- Working knowledge of universally accepted process safety standards
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment while managing multiple tasks
- Must have advanced computing skills in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) and an introduction to Microsoft Visio and Access or similar.
- Previous working experience in leading process hazard analysis (PHA) and Safety Integrity Level (SIL) layer of protection studies are required.
- Preferred working knowledge of PHA-Pro process hazard analysis software or similar