Adaptimmune is a leader in the development of T cell-based therapies for the treatment of cancer and is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. We are recruiting for an Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist to provide comprehensive EHS support to the Adaptimmune Navy Yard manufacturing facility. This includes assisting the US EHS Manager with the development, implementation, and enforcement of all EHS programs. The EHS Specialist will collaborate with all levels of the organization to drive EHS performance and to ensure regulatory compliance. Must be local and commutable to site in PhiladelphiaKey Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Deliver EHS training programs for staff.
- Investigate EHS Incidents and facilitate root cause investigation.
- Generate data related to EHS performance and maintain EHS metrics.
- Assist with the maintenance of the US EHS intranet site.
- Assist with EHS risk assessments.
- Perform technical review of standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure EHS information is included and accurate.
- Assist with contractor safety training and management of contractor provided EHS documentation.
- Complete ergonomic assessments in office, laboratory and manufacturing areas.
- Perform occupational hygiene sampling and noise assessments.
- Monitor EHS CAPA to ensure timely completion of actions. Communicate with CAPA owners.
- Assist with implementation of environmental programs including waste management.
- Arrange the health and safety committee meetings and monthly H&S meetings, issuing the agenda, taking and distributing minutes and tracking any actions.
- Help promote a positive health and safety culture, leading by example by demonstrating and endorsing safe working practices
Onsite in the Philadelphia Navy Yard
- Bachelor's degree in Safety Management, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years working in an EHS role
- Knowledge and experience OSHA, EPA, PA DEP, DOT/IATA regulations
- Flexibility in schedule with the ability to support 2nd shift and weekend operations, as needed
At Adaptimmune we embrace diversity and equality of opportunity. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, colour, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or other legally protected category. It is our intent that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
Powered by JazzHR