Covington Civil and Environmental, LLC currently has an opportunity for an Environmental Scientist and Project Manager. This position will provide technical capacity and expertise, as well as project management support, in support of overall project execution. Applicants should have a bachelor's degree in environmental science or a related field, and 1-3 years of experience.
Duties and Responsibilities are as follows:
- Conducts Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments
- Includes field work for site visits, and soil and groundwater sampling
- Ability to read and interpret analytical laboratory sample results
- Report writing
- Coordination with stakeholders and regulatory authorities
- Assists with oversight and management of federally funded restoration projects
- Coordinates with state and federal agencies, contractors, project partners
- Contributes on development of Monitoring and Adaptive Management Plans, Project Implementation Plans
- Drafts contractor scope-of-work documents for habitat monitoring
- Assists with monthly and annual reporting
- Wetlands Permitting
- Must be knowledgeable about state and federal (USACE) permitting requirements
- Drafts and submits permit applications for construction projects
- Coordination with engineers, state/federal regulatory authorities, wetland mitigation banks, contractors, etc.
- Conducts wetlands delineations
- Must be willing to conduct field work in wetlands
- Must be knowledgeable about wetland hydrology, soils, and vegetation
- Includes report-writing, and creation of map figures for permitting
- Assists with annual groundwater sampling and facility SWPPP inspections
- Includes fieldwork and assistance with report writing
- GIS Analysis
- Experience working with ESRI software products (ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro)
- Analyze spatial data and create map figures
- Includes wetlands inventory, soil mapping, LIDAR/DEM, parcel information, land cover, aerial imagery
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel with the ability to utilize Excel functions to increase efficiency.
- ESRI software experience.
- Self-motivated, organized, detail oriented, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and objective.
- Flexible, able to immediately adapt to changing priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science or related field preferred.
Covington Civil and Environmental, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.