The primary purpose of this position is to support systems and drive execution of programs to effectively maintain a safe workplace and ensure compliance with all applicable Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security (EHSS) regulations. Perform various EHSS functions for OSHA, EPA, ERT, and corporate EHSS functions required of the location.
- As an EHSS Engineer II, you will have the opportunity to work in a culture of EHSS excellence driven by associate engagement. You will make an impact by:
- Adhering to Integer's Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Employing knowledge of EHSS practices and programs related to associate safety, environmental protection, equipment safety and security in a manufacturing environment.
- Collaborating with EHSS Manager and peers to implement site specific EHSS strategy including programs and initiatives to ensure compliance with EHSS policies and goals.
- Leading or participating in cross-functional teams to continuously achieve a work environment that is safe and environmentally friendly
- Working with the EHSS Manager and other EHSS team members to ensure records, permits, and reports are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines by local, county, state and country agencies.
- Developing and implementing training for new and existing Associates on company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Identifying hazardous workplace conditions by conducting documented job hazard analysis and coordinates activities to ensure corrective and preventative actions are implemented.
- Responding to day-to-day Associate concerns in an appropriate and timely manner
- Leading and participating in the investigation of work-related injuries and working with the EHSS Manager to document and manage workers' compensation claims ensuring timely associate return to work.
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field, preferably Chemical Engineering