Are you organized, analytical, accountable, and able to lead multiple concurrent work efforts? Do colleagues, managers, and clients consistently rave about your responsiveness, quality of work, and ability to get things done? Do you continuously strive to diversify your experience, improve your skill set, and push your career forward? Cardno, now Stantec, is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Planner to support our work in the Eastern Sierra and western Nevada. The successful candidate will oversee delivery of consulting services and client deliverables, develop improvements to workflow, coordinate with our interdisciplinary teams, and direct various tasks and subprograms. Lastly, we are looking for an individual who is excited about the opportunity to support the growth of our Eastern Sierra presence by supporting business development of the Bishop office and our planning and permitting practice.
Bishop California, world famous for its surrounding scenery, outdoor recreation, and nearby trailheads to many of the Eastern Sierra natural wonders. Bishop California is also one of our Northern California communities in which we have an office. And we are hiring!
Join Cardno, now Stantec's Science and Environment team as a Senior Environmental Planner in Bishop, CA to lead project elements for a technically and geographically diverse team. The successful candidate will have the overall responsibility to manage current work and help position Cardno for upcoming opportunities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide environmental and biological resource permitting expertise for local, regional, state, federal, private and non-profit clients.
- Provide permit strategies with measures to ensure environmental compliance and meet client objectives and schedules.
- Manage a portfolio of work while maintaining schedules, cost controls and subconsultant support.
- Prepare draft agency permit applications and coordinate all resource reviews required for agency permits and notifications.
- Coordinate with Cardno, now Stantec, subcontractor, and client staff to ensure surveys and monitoring are conducted according to client guidance and all safety requirements.
- Lead research and compilation of data and information for project environmental compliance in collaboration with technical specialists.
- Lead the preparation of technical reports, plans, and permit applications in collaboration with a team.
- Provide training and oversight for entry/junior level Cardno, now Stantec team members
- Support business development with a focus of the Sierra Nevada through the building professional relationships, preparation of responses to proposal solicitations and participation in outreach efforts.
- Preparation of CEQA and NEPA documents for a variety of projects in Northern California, with focus on the Sierra foothills, Tahoe, and Eastern Sierra regions.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental studies, natural resource management, planning or related field.
- 8 years of environmental planning and permitting experience as a land use or environmental planner, biologist, environmental scientist, or similar.
- Demonstrated experience obtaining local, state and/or federal environmental regulatory permits (e.g., 401/404/1600).
- Proven experience with the requirements of California Department of Fish and Wildlife Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreements
- CEQA and NEPA compliance experience (including the preparation of at least a CEQA Initial Study or a NEPA Environmental Assessment).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Willing and able to travel to field sites and other Cardno office locations
- Ability to work well independently and with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced, team oriented work environment.
- Strong time management and follow-through skills, with the ability to simultaneously work on multiple tasks/projects and meet project deadlines.
- Self-motivated with strong initiative.
- Previous experience in land use, environmental planning and permitting.
- Environmental consulting experience.
- Experience working with federal and state land management agencies.
- Experience in meeting facilitation and public engagement.
- Experience supporting business development efforts.
- Proven track record of building client relationships and providing client solutions.
- Experience using Salesforce and/or other project management platforms
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources.