Are you ready to join our mission to improve the health of people and the planet? Do you have a passion for science and the transformational role that enzymes are playing? Come be part of our team at Codexis, Inc.
We are a leading enzyme engineering company leveraging our proprietary CodeEvolver®
technology platform to discover and develop novel, high performance enzymes and novel biotherapeutics.
Our Biotherapeutics division combines bioinformatics with directed evolution to uniquely tailor next generation biotherapeutics with transformative properties. We engineer proteins with high efficacy and safety with the goal of delivering the therapeutic to patients as an oral biologic, or gene therapy.
We are looking to hire a Sr. Director
to lead our Translational Biology
department and team, who will be expected to provide scientific leadership, mentoring and management guidance to their team. If you have a proven track record of leading teams and managing highly effective PhD and non-PhD level direct reports you are highly encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be part of a growing interdisciplinary, dynamic and enthusiastic team responsible for further expanding Codexis' biotherapeutic project portfolio and maximizing Codexis' core technologies for the design, optimization and validation of protein therapeutics.In this role you will be responsible for:
To be successful in this role, your background and experience should include:
- Leading a talented group of PhD and non-PhD scientists responsible for the design, execution and data interpretation of all in vivo studies supporting the biotherapeutic research portfolio.
- Leading multi-disciplinary project teams to discover, optimize and develop novel biotherapeutics in niche indications.
- Playing an active role in project inception and risk assessment.
- Developing sensitive and specific bioanalytical assays to accurately characterize drug PK, PK/PD and immunogenicity in multiple animal models.
- Providing scientific leadership to the Translational Biology group and act as the point person for all non-regulated in vivo studies run by Codexis.
- Generating data supporting development candidate nomination and work effectively with development teams to ensure smooth transitions of assets from research to development.
- Identify, develop, and manage external collaborators (academic, industrial partners, and CROs) to advance project needs.
- Working closely with leaders and scientists from other Codexis functions and ensure full integration of the team within the overall organization.
- Ensuring clear and effective oral and written communication of plans, results and ideas with Codexis R&D, senior leadership, and external collaborators.
- Providing hand-on training to junior staff as well as to external collaborators when needed.
- Applying highest standards for data quality and analytical tools and use effective informatics tools for data visualization and communication.
In addition to an amazing corporate culture Codexis also offers the following:
- Ph.D. in Pharmacology, Physiology or related fields and/or D.V.M. with a minimum of 15 years of biotech/pharma industry experience.
- Proven track record of management of PhD level scientists in an industry setting.
- Highly proficient in in vivo study design to assess efficacy, safety, PK, PD and immunogenicity of biotherapeutic proteins in healthy animals and disease models as evidenced by track record of publications in top tiered peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Demonstrated contributions to advancing lead molecules to clinical candidate nomination on multiple programs.
- Significant experience developing, optimizing, and running quantitative state-of-the art bioanalytical assays using multiple technology platforms.
- Key contributor to lead discovery and optimization strategies in relevant therapeutic areas.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical and operational issue related to in vivo studies and bioanalytical assays.
- Ability to adapt, learn, and provide methods, analyses, materials, services in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication (oral and written), documentation (record keeping, lab notebook, reports, SOPs), organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, safety, and good laboratory practice.
- Full benefits your first day
- 100% match on 401k (up to 4%
- Generous flex time off
- Fitness reimbursement
- Free fitness classes
- Back up child/dependent care
- Student loan assistance
- Commuter vouchers
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES
Codexis is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR