Project Canary is a SaaS-based data analytics company focused on environmental performance or the E in ESG for energy and additional business sectors. We are the leaders in assessing and scoring responsible operations and provide independent, measured emission profiles, including methane, via high fidelity continuous monitoring technology that helps companies take ESG action. Formed as a Public Benefit Corporation (B-Corp rating score 107), Project Canary's Denver-based team of technologists, engineers, and seasoned industry operators have earned recognition for their uncompromising standards and high-fidelity data.
Project Canary's mission is to fight climate change and put actionable insights starting with the energy sector. We ingest data from various sources, including our own proprietary environmental sensors/hardware, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time via SaaS. The resulting independent data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using microtransactions, formulate a data-driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Founded in 2019, Project Canary, PBC has quickly gained recognition as a major mover in the continuous monitoring space. Here are some highlights from last year:
- Fundraise totaling $121M, Series A of $10M in 2021 and Series B of $111M in 2022
- Certified as a B-Corporation with a score of 107.6
- Recognized as Best for the World (top 5% of all B-Corps) in 2 out of 5 categories
- Governance (transparency and ethics)
- Workers (treatment of teammates and culture)
Additional recognition and awards for our culture (more to come soon!)eNPS score of 72 (most recent measurement in Q4 of 2021)Headcount growth by 6X and growingRevenue growth of 6X and growing
Project Canary's success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work, we want to hear from you.
The Field Technician
will be a part of the Operations team, installing and maintaining our hardware to fulfill customer promises.Job Responsibilities:
- Install and maintain Canary hardware units and ancillary equipment
- Communicate with customer operations personnel to identify and fix issues, as needed
- Complete required customer safety trainings and comply with safety rules on customer sites
- Collect canister samples from customer sites for lab analysis
- Conduct calibrations and monthly "bump tests" for units required under regulation
- Maintain and track hardware inventory
- Log unit downtime for trend analysis
- Pilot drones for image capture of customer sites
- 7-10 years of field operations experience in oil and gas, including IE and/or mechanical work
- Demonstrated experience with safety procedures and compliance
- FAA Part 107 drone pilot certification, preferred
- Located in Fort Worth, Texas
- Hard work ethic and self-motivation, required
- Ability to work in industrial settings, outdoors, and/or at elevated heights
- Ability and willingness to travel and work on weekends, as needed
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance (low deductibles)401K company match (no vesting period)
- Stock options
- Student loan assistance
- Unlimited PTO (minimum rule of taking at least 3 weeks off in a year)
- Company sponsored wellness days (Fall hike, ski/snowboard days and more)
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (gender neutral) including adoptions
- Flex Choice - choice between free parking, free RTD, or wellness assistance
- Pet friendly - dogs only currently
- Salary range: $40,000 - $70,000 annual base
- Flexible work environment
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.