Job DescriptionJob Title: EHS Consultant
Location: City of Industry, CA
Duration: 3-5 Months (possible hire)
To provide professional knowledge and expertise in the administration and support of environmental health and safety programs.
Responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of environmental health and safety programs to assure compliance with
regulatory agency guidelines and institutional policies.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Typical Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state and local
legislation and codes governing environmental health and safety.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines.
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies, committee members and company
staff to formulate corrective actions.
- Designs training for all levels of employees.
- Ensures personnel training and corrective action follow-up is completed.
- Assesses risk potential of hazards.
- Develops and implements accident investigation, data analysis, and
recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
- Conducts on-site reviews and audits of operations and facilities.
- Reviews registration and documents for regulatory and company safety compliance
- Monitors all current information on regulations and requirements related to hazardous
materials and agents.
- Directs industrial hygiene, occupational and general safety programs to ensure a safe environment and comply with safety standards.
- Investigates and evaluates new safety equipment for appropriateness.
- Responds and provides assistance to all emergency situations.
Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Applied or Basic Science, Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene, or a related field.
Required: Four years of directly related experience in environmental health
and safety compliance
Preferred: Experience in research activities
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Eligible to be certified in one of the following:
Certified Safety Professional (CSP) by Board of Certified Safety Professional
Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) by American Board of Industrial Hygiene
Certified Biological Safety Professional (CBSP) by American Biological