Job DescriptionTEAM LEADER CORE LAB MICROBIOLOGY
ASCP Registered Medical Technologist with 2-5 years experience in microbiology needed for Core Lab.
2nd Shift: 3p-11p 5 x 8s
Pay: $30-$37 an hour depending on experienceJob Summary
Supports Teammates in the execution of the team's responsibilities. Responsible for training and coaching teammates, creating and improving standard work, and responding to abnormal conditions. Responsible for problem solving, safety and quality of the team's performance.Essential Functions
- Actively looks for ways to improve the performance of the team resulting in improved quality, customer service, productivity, and a reduction in spending.
- Ensures the quality of testing in area, Investigates testing quality issues and implements countermeasures to prevent reoccurrence. Documents abnormal conditions or quality issues and provides feedback to appropriate personnel.
- Ensures the development of standard work and the training and development of Teammates.
- Audits processes and Coaches Teammates if standard work is not being followed and informs the Group Leader.
- Responsible for supporting the continuous flow of specimens
- Ensures point of use storage is maintained, including proper labeling, organization, and communication with Materials Management regarding changes in demand, additions, and deletions.
- Maintains 5S conditions and ensures Teammates are wearing the proper PPE and working safely.
- Monitors the productivity of the team and answers Andons promptly. Provides necessary support for Teammates. Performs troubleshooting of instruments or other equipment items if possible. Communicates and confirms with the Teammate that problem issue is understood before closing out the problem.
- Covers gaps for call outs, project time, personnel needs, and unexpected teammate absences.
- Informs the Group Leader of any personnel situations that might be considered abnormal or extreme. Catalyst in launching team building activities. Receptive to trends or changes in team spirit.
Works in a busy environment around physicians, technologists, and visitors. Must be able to actively walk and navigate around equipment. Works in an area which contains infectious materials, chemical hazards, and fire and mechanical hazards. Works in an analytical, physical and managerial environment. May be required to stoop, reach, and lift light (20 lbs.) to moderately heavy (50 lbs.) loads.Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelors Degree required
- Must be an ASCP registered Medical Technologist
Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job functions of a leadership role. Must be able to operate equipment.
Ability to effectively facilitate problem solving and resolution.
Ability to work with a dynamic team and demanding customers.
Have extensive computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel in particular).
Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment. Ability to plan, supervise, and perform functions of assigned areas. Ability to maintain on call flexibility to control abnormal conditions.
Company DescriptionBringing talent and opportunity together since 1986!