Our client is a world-class, global leader in dairy value-added, healthy, and functional ingredients and solutions. The Environmental Health and Safety Manager is essential to help ensure our success through the monitoring and improvement of safety, health and environmental policy and has the mindset that will always seek to do better! You will work in collaboration with a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people - what you do will be fulfilling, impactful, and meaningful - deliver healthy nutrition to millions around the world.
Position will require the candidate to work on-site three to four days per week in our manufacturing facility in Delhi, NY.
Our client is offering a very competitive compensation package including health benefits and 401k. Relocation assistance is also available.
· Oversee, develop and implement programs to include global and local procedures, records and methods that are used to assure conformance with regulations
· Oversee site-wide programs/systems to include identifying and evaluating hazards/risks, implement corrective solutions and train/educate others on changes/new regulations.
· Ensure training for new joiner journey includes ownership of I AM SAFE philosophy and rules
· Oversee, coach and train to ensure local regulatory compliance on job safety analysis, workers compensation, OSHA injury reporting and fit for duty return to work, permits, Covid administration, and related projects
· Coordinate the response to regulatory compliance activities, including onsite inspections, written complaints, notices of violation, etc
· Develop environment/health/safety annual compliance goals, performance targets, and budget in conformance to global framework and local compliance.
· Lead and educate environment/health/safety committee in compliance with local governing laws.
· Monitor the skills and capabilities of those who assist with/or lead environment/health/safety programs; recommend training; provide coaching, feedback, and functional direction.
· Gather and report data, inform management of status, trends, and progress compared to goals.
· Provide, coordinate, and evaluate the effectiveness of the employee environment/health/safety training and education programs.
· Lead, coach develop and motivate the team and the individual employees
Job Knowledge, Experience and Core Competencies
• BS in Occupational Health/Safety, Industrial Hygienist, Environmental or relative science degree (Masters preferred) with 7 plus years of managing environment/health/safety in a manufacturing setting, preferably in Dairy, Food, Ingredients or Pharma.
• Working knowledge and understanding of units operations (filtration/drying/evaporating), GMPs, Project management, Waste Water, Clear Air Act, OSHA, Chemicals and solid waste
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams
• Results oriented - problem solver, thinks in opportunities and challenges
• Vision and strategic planning
• Persuasiveness and Decisiveness - pro-active attitude and people person / team player
• Strong drive towards customer satisfaction and operational excellence
• Enthusiastic, able to motivate/engage with colleagues, management and customers