SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.Job Description
The Manager, Microbiology is responsible for the quality and operation of the Quality Control Microbiology department in SGS Health Science Services. This position will require multi-tasking to meet the required sample, turnaround time, and client satisfaction. In addition, must track and follow training SOP for training records.
- Play an active role in cultivating long-term relationships with clients, using extensive knowledge and experience in the field of analytical microbiology as a resource for clients to utilize while in the process of designing their testing program
- Ensure that all client requests for information pertaining to analytical testing are met in a timely and effective manner
- Provide Administrative Support with appropriate notification of any special requests regarding sample log-in, reporting, and billing activities
- Organize departmental or company-wide projects designed to improve the internal efficiency and overall quality of work performed at the laboratory
- Participate in creating and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork throughout the laboratory
- Prepare and revise appropriate quality documentation pertinent to QC Microbiology Department
- Ensure all quality procedures (OOS, Deviations, Complaints, CAPAs) are adhered to in the department
- In case of a failure or deviation initiate investigation, verify the satisfactory implementation of corrective actions in coordination with QA, and submit to QA manager for approval
- Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of all general SOPs pertaining to the Analytical Services Laboratory
- Develop and introduce new services in the lab incline with Industry trends & client requirements
- Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of GMP/GLP requirements as these pertain to work performed in the Analytical Services Laboratory
- Ensure all equipment is in good repair and functioning according to standards
- Provide technical support to clients in relation to Validation / Verification
- Organize client offsite/onsite meetings as required
- Assist Sales and Marketing with technical support opportunities
- Review technical data, documents, and proposals as required
- Write protocols, technical reports for the department and provide customers with quotations for technical work
- In case of Customer complaints regarding quality, perform investigation and revert to the customer within one business day. Inform QA Manager and Department head in writing and follow SOPs on investigation and CAPAs
- Daily complaints regarding sample turnaround and other issues revert to the customer within one business day with a proposed solution
- Prepare written outline on department performance with concerns and recommendations on monthly basis.
- Prepare written productivity report, financial highlights, etc
- Provide Information support regarding Budgets & Forecasts to General Manager as required
- Prepare written basis for new personnel required qualifications
- Organize and execute candidate interviews and final selection
- Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology, Biology or a related discipline
- Minimum of 7+ years of previous analytical laboratory management experience
- 3+ years of direct people management experience
- Thorough knowledge of microbiology principles plus demonstrated expertise in one or more disciplines of analytical microbiology required
- Masters or Ph.D. in Microbiology, Biology or a related discipline preferred
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.