RootPath is a synthetic biology company that elevates the throughput of gene function interrogation by orders of magnitude. Our molecular programming-based DNA fragment assembly technology gives researchers and drug developers unprecedented, equitable access to long synthetic genes and their functional readouts. As its first application, we utilize our technology to mine a patient's immunome and create truly personalized T cell therapies for solid tumors. Together, with leading partners, we are exploring new applications across multiple industries. We enable biology at scale.
We are seeking an innovative, self-driven scientist with experience in molecular and cell biology to join our fast-paced team in building the next generation of synthetic biology tools and personalized cell therapy. S/he will continue leveraging our molecular programing technology to make hundreds of thousands of TCRs, antibodies, and synthetic gene constructs. The ideal candidate is a creative and entrepreneurial scientist interested in high-throughput assays, molecular design, automation, and target validation which underpin our ability to interrogate gene function and biology at an unprecedented level. The successful candidate will join a fast-paced, nimble, and collaborative start-up working directly alongside the founders and entrepreneurs that are building RootPath's platform technology and therapies.Responsibilities:
- Master our molecular programming DNA assembly technology and the assays that interrogate their function from concept to implementation.
- Design, plan, coordinate, and execute experiments from construct design to gene assembly to functional analysis of T cells, antibodies, and limitless other genes in a high-throughput manner.
- Manage internal and external projects with collaborators and industrial partners
- Foster the scientific and professional growth of those around you and contribute meaningfully to the ideas that push our science to the cutting edge.
- PhD with 4-10 years of research experience in biochemistry, molecular/cell biology, or related field. BS/MS with outstanding achievements also considered.
- Scientific expertise in molecular biology and cell-based assays in 96 and 384-well plate format
- Technical expertise with construct design and cloning; mRNA transfection/electroporation of primary T cells and cell lines; cell-based assays such as ELISpot and Incucyte; familiarity with qPCR
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry is a plus
- NGS library preparation and/or analysis that includes scRNAseq is a plus
- Familiarity with cell therapies such as TCR-T or CAR-T is a plus
- Instinctive team player with excellent communication skills and precise attention to detail
RootPath is an equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.