Key responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
- Assure the site Safety/Environmental programs are implemented and maintained in an appropriate manner and within budgetary limits.
- Assure SHE programs are implemented and maintained for the site with emphasis on core regulatory compliance elements assuring NHSc facility and operation operates within other applicable Nestlé policies and procedures. Including routine program validations of the facilities and equipment for SHE compliance.
- Assure technical training is executed to facility/ processing personnel in order to maintain SHE awareness and technical expertise required for operations that comply with Nestlé and Regulatory requirements.
- Development of management driven Safe Behavior Observation, LOTO, Machine Guarding, Powered industrial vehicle programs for the site.
- Provide the technical expertise and management guidance to investigate process failures that lead to workplace accidents and environmental impacts. Including investigation monitoring of accidents and incidents involving fire, hazardous materials, unsafe situations, security issues and/or non-compliance issues ensuring corrective action recommendations appropriately addresses procedural changes as necessary for the prevention of future incidents.
- Develops and leads the implementation on-site safety, environment, and/or emergency management programs designed to respond to individual situations and to improve overall safety conditions in the factory.
- Responsible for immediate notification to NHSc Management on serious issues related to workplace safety, regulatory and issues which might result in media notification or litigation.
- Maintaining local knowledge of current and emerging issues and trends in area of regulatory compliance.
- Developing and maintaining site-specific manual, records of inspections, and incidents relating to Safety, Health, Security and Environment.
- Leading the development of the Safety/Environmental Committees at the plant locations.
- Prepare monthly reporting of NHSc SHE Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- 2 - 5 years of work experience in workplace Safety, Security, and Environmental program management. Professional certification in Safety preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate results of "buy-in" and employee ownership of safety, environmental, security programs.
- Candidates must have an entrepreneurial program-building mindset.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and related software applications. (MS Office/MS Outlook/Web based systems.) Working knowledge of the beverage or food manufacturing industry preferred, with a knowledge of SHE regulations and factors related to food manufacturing facilities.
- Skilled in performing internal on-site safety and environmental inspections for self-audit purposes.
- Ability to plan programs and initiatives at regional, multi-location level.
- Strengths in People Management including: communication; leadership; effective presentation skills; coaching; crisis management; motivation; team building; organization; self-starter; time management; stress management.
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to lead through influence and work with cross functional groups
Flexible in working during non-business hours to meet business needs.
Preferred/beneficial but not required: Fluent in both English and Vietnamese languages