The Nursery Caregiver Coordinator at SFBC serves as an integral part of the ministry team. The position of Nursery Caregiver Coordinator supports the mission and ministry of Seattle First Baptist Church (SFBC) primarily by providing childcare to nursery aged children of the church for ongoing and special events.
About Seattle First Baptist Church
Seattle First Baptist Church (SFBC) is an American Baptist congregation and church located in the vibrant heart of Seattle's urban core. SFBC is a church community that seeks to follow the way of Jesus Christ, to be a people of God and to love and care for our neighbors. Faithful to our Baptist heritage, we strive for a world where people are welcomed regardless of, and with respect for, their religious beliefs; where the separation of church and state is vigorously defended; where freedom is a fundamental right that values the dignity of all persons without regard to their race, country of birth, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, or disabilities; and where compassion is the measure of our actions. We encourage and support applicants of underrepresented groups, including black, indigenous, and all people of color.
We are committed to the following values:
● We will go deeper in faith as we do justice, love mercy, work for peace and walk humbly with God.
● We will be present to one another and our neighbors in our personal relationships and by creating venues for engagement where we can learn about viewpoints different from our own.
● We will respect all religions by learning about the beliefs, values and struggles of our neighbors and by demonstrating support for them.
● We will welcome the stranger, including immigrants and refugees, as our scriptures instruct. We will explore how to support their causes and advocate for justice, remembering that many of us are the children of immigrants and refugees.
● We will actively work to recognize and change our own biases and to fight racism, sexism, classism, homophobia, ageism and other systemic prejudices.
● We will protect our environment and support preservation programs that are based on scientific data designed to improve our resources, enhance biodiversity, and reverse human-caused climate change.Additional Information
The Church is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
For additional information about the church, please visit the church website at www.seattlefirstbaptist.org. The website includes extensive information about the church.
Details for Submission
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter; resume; and names, telephone numbers and email addresses of three references.
Application packets are currently being accepted and reviewed. The position is open until filled and qualified candidates will be invited to audition and interview at their earliest convenience. Please send your application to email@example.com. Questions about the job and application requirements should be submitted to church administrator Darren Hochstedler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Position
Direct Supervisor: Pastor for Next Generations
Status: Exempt, Regular Part Time Staff (4-8 hrs/wk)
Accountability - The nursery caregiver coordinator is supervised by the Pastor for Next Generations. He/she is expected to communicate with and report to the Pastor on a regular basis, and thereby be accountable to the congregation and exercise this ministry within the policies of the church.
Essential Functions of the Job -
· Provide loving care for children so that they experience God's caring presence.
· Provide a responsible, trustworthy environment for children.
· Provide a structure for intentionally leading children toward the building blocks of worship attendance.
· Witness to Christian values and the commitment of this church by extending welcome to young children whose families are visiting the church.
Practical Matters -
· Staff nursery on Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings, and special services and events as needed.
· Plan for regular nursery clean-ups and share information about material needs in the nursery.
· Mentor young adults in the church who serve as helpers in the nursery.
· Maintain a developmentally appropriate environment in the nursery through artwork, projects, etc.
· Work with pastors to schedule additional nursery professional caregivers and church volunteers.
Required Experience and Qualifications
· Experience working with children - ideally, a degree or extensive experience in Early Childhood Education
· Willingness to care for a variety of children and to support their families in their call to parenthood.
· Care for the nursery environment-that it be a safe, welcoming place
· People skills-willing and able to work with children, parents, young helpers and pastors, supporting the community of the congregation
· Dependability and consistency!
· Willingness to produce on-going evidence of an acceptable criminal background check, fingerprinting, drug testing, and availing oneself to continuing education opportunities around sexual abuse and boundary violation issues.
· CPR Certified
· Obtain and keep up to date all recommended vaccinations including COVID-19 vaccinations.
Nursery Caregiver Coordinator will receive an hourly wage of $22 plus 4 weeks of PTO per year.