Job Description STAR PIPE PRODUCTS Summary
The Environmental, Health and Safety Manager will inspect equipment and evaluate the environment and processes. Incident reporting; OSHA recordkeeping; Worker's Compensation reporting, tracking and documenting; implementation and/or monitoring of all safety logs and/or reports, including OSHA Reporting Logs (300/300A), safety reporting logs, sling logs, MSDS logs, emergency lighting logs, etc. Must have experience with SWPP, Air Quality permitting, and Waste Management Material permitting.Essential Functions
Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine corporate activities to establish where improvements can be made and ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- An understanding of ergonomics used throughout the facility
- Coordinating all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling management, environmental health, and conservation.
- Leading the implementation of environmental policies and best practices and ensuring compliance with state, local and environmental regulations.
- Auditing, analyzing, and reporting environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies.
- Carrying out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce an organization's environmental risks and financial costs.
- Promoting and raising awareness, at all levels of an organization, of the impact of emerging environmental issues, whether regulatory or best practice, on corporate, ethical and community responsibility.
- Training staff at all levels in EHS issues and responsibilities and participating in environmental education
- Negotiating environmental service agreements and managing associated costs and revenues. Writing environmental reports, assuming the lead responsibility within the company
- Develop and implement EHS policies, ensuring policies and procedures are in place and enforced
- Daily inspections: inspect the workplace for potential hazards, identify potential hazards, assess the risks, and report potential hazards
- Conduct drills such as fire drills, also ensure equipment is properly functioning and staff is aware of what to do in an emergency
- Conduct investigations: respond to and investigate accidents and emergencies.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, conduct training with staff to make sure they are aware of regulations and procedures, and provide guidance
- Administrative tasks: keep records of daily activities and maintain training/reference materials
- Track and ensure MSDS for any hazardous materials and collect samples for regulatory testing.
- These would include the ability to prepare plans, reports, and budgets.
- Computer database management and computer skills required.
- Ensure compliance of all environmental and waste issues for both State and Federal requirements
- Must develop, implement, and monitor environmental strategies.
- Create policies and programs that promote safety programs/operations.
- To evaluate each piece of equipment in terms of guarding and particle collection.
- PPE requirement for the operators running all equipment.
- Coordination for the waste disposal
- Must have problem-solving and analytical skills
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Licenses, Certifications, Etc.:
- Degree in BBA/BS in EHS or at least five years' experience in these areas
- First Aid administration as needed with injuries
- Excellent computer database skills
- OSHA record keeping and compliance knowledge
- TECQ / SWPP records keeping and monitoring compliance
- OSHA 30 certification required
- Certified Safety Professional
- Able to lift, move up, and carry materials up to 50 pounds
- Will be required to reach, stand, walk, or crouch during an 8 hour shift
- Must be able to be on feet continuously during an 8 hour shift
- Must be able to climb 4 feet onto and off of a fork truck repetitively during an 8 hour shift
- Must be able to kneel and bend at the knees frequently during an 8 hour shift
- Must be able to use wrist and hands frequently during an 8 hour shift
- Must be able to push and pull 300 lbs with a pallet jack
- Outdoor shop environment / some office work environment
Star Pipe Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Company DescriptionWe are the proud owner of a U.S.A. foundry situated in South Coffeyville, Oklahoma. Star® Pipe Products is a domestic & global manufacturer for a broad array of iron products for the water and wastewater industries. Established in 1981, Star® Pipe Products is headquartered in Houston, Texas, and has been delivering quality products and services for over 40 years.