Amogy is a technology startup on a mission to decarbonize transportations using ammonia as a renewable fuel. We are highly focused and substantially ambitious. By joining our rapidly growing team, you will be creating the first page of the ammonia-driven green mobility, and its economy. Join us to be part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry for a sustainable future.Description
The Environmental Health and Safety Associates part of the team responsible for Environmental, Health, Safety, and Sustainability at Amogy. Reporting directly to the Environmental Health and Safety Manager, this position will support the general safety practices and programs of Amogy's facilities, and operations as well as ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws (e.g. OSHA, DOT, DOH, MOL).Responsibilities
Education & Qualifications
- Supports operations to meet compliance with current OSHA, and other Federal, State, and Local agencies as they pertain to Health, Safety and Environmental issues.
- Assists with the development, implementation and management of safety programs and procedures that are aimed at reducing the frequency and severity of personal injuries.
- Ensures office and laboratory spaces are in compliance with all applicable laws.
- Supports EHS Manager with the development of the New Hire Orientation materials pertaining to environmental and safety.
- Assists with conducting training and coaching for management and team members on safety and environmental issues pertaining to their specific position and job duties in support of appropriate laws, safety standards and procedures.
- Assists with the development of appropriate safety standards, conducting tests and auditing of systems, informing management where applicable, and leveraging internal and external resources to take corrective action.
- Performs periodic environmental/safety and compliance audits for all facilities.
- Facilities incident investigation process.
- Identifies and promptly informs management of compliance issues, safety risk and improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly and monthly audits.
- Maintains accurate daily, weekly and monthly metrics reporting to onsite teams and internal reporting systems.
- Conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions. Recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures to management, including ergonomic considerations, in all such efforts.
- Focus on continually improving technical and interpersonal skills as outlined during the performance review period.
Compensation & Benefits
- Bachelor's degree Safety, Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering or related field required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Must have a basic knowledge of regulatory requirements including Federal and State Safety and Health Laws. These requirements would include: OSHA, EPA, DOT, EPA Risk Management Plans, and Industrial Hygiene.
- Experienced in emergency response and able to maintain current First Aid and CPR certificates.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job functions as described in the job description.
- Strong appetite to work in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment where priorities can shift quickly.
- Strong collaborator who is able to work with multiple departments to influence and inspire commitment on the part of all team members in complying with safety standards, maintaining a safe work environment.
- Active listener with effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt available skills and equipment to respond to unforeseen demands and/or problems.
- Strong organization, time management, and planning skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Ability to compile effective and concise visual reports.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel issues.
- Competitive salary
- Employee benefits include: unlimited vacation, equity incentives, 401K matching, health coverage (medical/dental/vision), parental leave, FSA account, transit account and more.
At Amogy, we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.