Job DescriptionCorporate EH&S Lead
Partner with each site operations team and safety lead at Nekoosa to drive environmental, health, and safety compliance and excellence. Health & Wellness Awareness 10%
Safety Excellence 60%
- In collaboration with Corporate Leadership and HR, develop and lead corporate wellness initiatives & training which improve the health and morale of all employees.
- Develop and execute a quarterly site EH&S communication to all employees which provides visibility and clarity to company initiatives, updates and performance.
Environmental Compliance 30%
- Provide corporate level safety leadership through present and active communication of Nekoosa's safety mission of Safety First - Always, promoting a positive and behavior-based safety culture, leading to zero injury goal.
- Develop and lead implementation of Nekoosa's corporate incident reporting system for documentation of work related injuries & illnesses, near misses, and safety observations both internally and per OSHA requirements, reporting on a monthly basis.
- Work with plant/corporate personnel through engagement and inclusion with site teams to comply to all OSHA required programs, creating strategies that ensure a safe and effective workplace, reporting compliance on a quarterly basis.
- Review all capital projects (CAPEX) to ensure safety hazards and environmental risks are identified and noted in the review process. Provide support and expertise to the Project Manager to mitigate and/or communicate Safety and Environmental issues associated with projects. Own contractor safety program, ensuring qualified and trained contractors are chosen and comply to company safety standards during on-site work.
- Perform JSA (Job Safety Analysis), tracking plant performance and execution, and providing leadership and support to identified under-performing sites.
- Instruct, develop content, and coordinate execution of annual Safety Day employee programs as well as monthly Plant Wide Safety Meetings and weekly "tool-box" Departmental meetings.
- Maintain and ensure all air, wastewater, hazardous waste, solid waste, and other environmental reporting and permits stay current and are in proper order.
- Stay abreast of the changing regulatory environment. Determine impacts to operations with proposed regulations and/or changes, providing Plant and Operation leaders with recommended path forward and solutions as needed.
- Ensure SDS and chemical inventories are kept current and readily accessible to all site personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental engineering, safety management, or similar.
- OSHA or similar EHS certification, minimum of two years' experience in related field. .
- Detailed knowledge of relevant regulations such as OSHA, EPA, and ANSI.
- The ability to read and interpret safety data sheets.
- Proficiency in computer programs such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong leadership and training abilities.