Cambridge, MA Start date:
- The candidate in this position will be responsible for developing and performing immune cell-based assays to enable oncology drug discovery programs.
- The candidate will collect and analyze data and will be responsible for effectively communicating results to project teams.
- The candidate should have strong communication and assay development skills and working knowledge of appropriate immuno-oncology cellular signaling assays.
- A solid skill-set in qPCR, ELISA/Western Blot/MSD, flow cytometry, cell culture techniques, including experience handling primary cells and ex vivo samples for assay execution is strongly desired.
- This position is 100% laboratory based.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the larger group to develop high-quality cell-based assays
- Adapt these assays for high-throughput formats
- Execute routine cell-based screening assays to ensure rapid and high-quality data delivery
- Analyze, interpret, and effectively report data at team meetings
- Troubleshoot assays to ensure high quality control
- Interface closely with colleagues to ensure assays and screening efforts are aligned to the scientific project goals
- Interface with Informatics and automation colleagues proactively to drive the evolution of screening platforms and ensure adequate maintenance of the cell-based assay infrastructure
- BS or MS Degree in Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Cell Biology or related field
- 4+ years of relevant industry research experience in assay development & execution, preferably in a drug discovery setting
- Experience with immune-based assays including: Isolation of immune-cell subsets, evaluation of lymphoid and myeloid cell biology and functional readouts, and tumor:immune cell co-cultures.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in developing various functional cell-based signaling assays (eg. Western blotting, Luminex, ELISA, MSD etc.) in recombinant and primary cells
- Expertise in databases, data analysis & analytics and specialized analysis tools is required
- Experience with automated liquid handlers, plate readers, software and robotics preferred
- Flow cytometry experience is highly desired
- Self-motivated and a proven ability to work in a multifunctional team setting
- Detail-oriented, highly organized with the ability to run multiple interleafed projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability and desire to master new skills, methods and technologies that enhance departmental capabilities
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.