Job DescriptionPosition Overview:
Blue Sky Environmental, Inc. is seeking a project manager with 3+ years of experience leading stack testing projects in the field to join our air sampling team. The successful candidate will manage projects with multiple sampling trains and/or multiple testing locations for industrial clients in Northern California using state and federal test methods. Candidates must be detail oriented, self-motivated, and willing to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions while leading a stack test team.
Field work and travel are a key part of this position. Candidates must have the ability to travel on a regular basis in a personally-assigned, fully-equipped test vehicle, visiting customer sites to perform emissions testing. Field days are frequently greater than 8 hours; however, there is very little overnight travel as most work is performed within a 150-mile radius of the Bay Area. Non-field days are primarily home office-based with some flexibility in location.Responsibilities:
The Project Manager position responsibilities include:
- Conduct air source compliance emissions testing (stack testing) and CEMS Relative Accuracy Test Audits (RATAs).
- Provide on-the-job training and supervision to field technicians on sampling procedures, equipment calibrations, and test methods.
- Collect, organize, and prepare data for reporting by required deadlines. Prepare & review reports.
- Supervise and review equipment calibrations for pitot tubes, control modules and nozzles.
- Serve as the company's onsite representative to interface with clients and regulatory personnel in a professional manner.
- Plan and execute air quality emission measurement and monitoring projects for industrial sector clients in timely and cost-effective manner.
- Associates degree or Bachelor of Science degree preferred in a science or engineering related field
- Three + years of experience in source testing, with emphasis on project management, including client interface, safety leadership, data collection, reporting and timely deliverables to clients. QSTI qualifications preferred.
- Good understanding of EPA Reference Methods and general field testing applications for standard pollutant testing (particulates and gases).
- Working knowledge of the Code of Federal Regulations, specifically Parts 60 and 75
- Working knowledge of gas sampling systems (instrumental analyzer methods)
- Specific knowledge of instrumental and wet chemistry equipment operation, instrument troubleshooting and calibration. GC experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel and Adobe products.
- Competitive Salary
- Potential Equity Partner Position
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Generous Holidays and PTO
- Company IRA Contributions