Job Title: Biologist - Scientist
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Hours: Full - Time
Pay: $90k - $105k/Yearly with 10% targeted annual bonus
Type of Hire: Direct Hire
The client is a leading clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company in the discovery and development of RNAi therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and fibrotic diseases. We are seeking candidates to fill the newly created position of Scientist/Biologist in our headquarters in Gaithersburg, MD.
The successful candidate will focus on the assessment of the efficiency of RNA interference in tissues and mammalian cell cultures with qRT-PCR and ddPCR endpoints.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
· Develop methods, validation (qRT-PCR, ddPCR), and experiment design.
· Perform cell-based assays, qRT-PCR, ddPCR to evaluate siRNA-mediated KD effect.
· Sample analysis using real-time qPCR and droplet digital PCR (ddPCR).
· Cell culture, transfection.
· Manual and automated RNA extraction.
· cDNA synthesis.
· Assay optimization, standard curve.
· Demonstrated deep understanding and strong hands-on experience with real-time qRT-PCR and droplet digital PCR.
Education & Experience
· Advanced degree (PhD/MS), or equivalent, in biomedical science, cell biology, molecular biology, immunology, or related field of study.
· Two or more years of relevant experience to include method design, development, and validation.
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.