Find what drives you on a team with a more than 70-year history of discovery, determination, and innovation. As a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, Pall Corporation thrives on helping our customers protect people. Our products serve a wide range of markets, so if your interests lie along the spectrum of Life Sciences to Industrial, you'll find a rewarding role here. For the exponentially curious, Pall is a place you can thrive and amplify your impact on the world.
Pall is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we're pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Pall Corporation is looking for a dynamic leader to serve as the Environmental Health and Safety Manager at its Timonium, Maryland campus. This position is a member of the site based senior staff reporting to the Plant Manager supporting multiple manufacturing operations.
In this role, the EHS Manager will Support the EH&S team in the development, implementation, maintenance, monitoring, and continuous improvement of EHS programs, ensuring compliance with Federal, State, and Local Regulatory Requirements.Core responsibilities include:
Required Experience and Education:
- Carry out compliance in accordance with Pall Corporation / Danaher policies and procedures while applying LEAN/TPS/Kaizen/Danaher Business System (DBS) principles. Apply continual improvement concepts to ensure EHS excellence.
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal and local governmental EHS regulations. This includes written programs, record keeping, reports, inspections, monitoring, testing, training, and medical surveillance per guidelines. Maintain compliance with air and water permits. Perform required inspections and audits per permit requirements.
- Leads and maintains ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and Business Continuity Management System.
- Directs, develops, and delivers environmental health and safety training programs to ensure employee's knowledge, understanding and adherence to safety and environmental regulations pertaining to the operation of the facility.
- Develops and implements actions to reduce and sustain EHS risk assessment score(s). Runs EHS management programs including cost control/reduction and accident prevention/reduction.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates all Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomic activities. Handles non-hazardous, hazardous, and universal waste disposal and minimization activity. Also handles all Fire Prevention/Protection programs in collaboration with Global FM. This includes all required training, recordkeeping, monitoring and reporting programs and results.
- Track, approve, and maintain chemical inventories for global harmonization / haz-com and Safety Data Sheet online system updates.
- Ensures all EHS issues identified during internal/external audits and Safety Committee audits are resolved.
- Facilitate and lead Plant Safety and sub-team committees. This includes providing support with incident investigations and 5-Why Tree/Root Cause Analysis and application of corrective action.
- Coordinates with site Human Resources Manager in the administration of Worker's Compensation and Early Return to Work Program.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Occupational, Health & Safety, Engineering, Sustainability, or related field of study is required.
- Three or more years current experience leading outstanding EHS programs and teams for high volume manufacturing environments.
- Associate/Certified Safety Professional (ASP/CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or other EHS related certification preferred. Additional certifications desired include: ISO14001 - LEAD Auditor trained, RCRA - Hazardous Waste Management Training, DOT - Hazmat Ground Shipper Certification Training
- Must have experience in leading compliance issues, permitting, manufacturing operations, OSHA/EPA programs, regulatory reviews, permit preparation, reporting and record keeping.
- Experience in evaluating/interpreting MOSH/OSHA, MDE/EPA, DOT and Maryland state regulations and NFPA, ANSI, ASTM standards.
- Experience with Federal, Maryland and local Worker's Comp and establishing proactive Ergonomics Program.
- Ability to work onsite at Timonium Maryland plant is required. Ability to be available off core business hours if needed plus respond to emergency situations.
- MS Office proficient with experience with GENSUITE ™ or other HSE data management system. Strong communication, leadership, presentation, training, analytical and organizational skills.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System
tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.