Job DescriptionSenior Project Manager - Natural Resources Quandary Consultants, LLC.
Quandary Consultants LLC (Quandary) is seeking an experienced, knowledgeable Senior Project Manager - Natural Resources to join our growing team of diverse professionals. Quandary is a full-service environmental and regulatory consulting firm based in Denver, Colorado. Founded in 2016 Quandary has quickly become a top choice for clients in the construction, oil & gas, renewable energy, electric utility, and government sectors.NR Manager Responsibilities:
- Project management of multiple, simultaneous projects for different clients in different industries in a dynamic work environment
- Coordinate scheduling, data transfer, and reporting with other field staff and project managers
- Create new project scopes, budgets, and designs
- Experience developing, implementing, and managing natural resources survey and reporting protocol
- Advises management and project teams on proper interpretation and implementation of environmental regulations
- Independently conduct and lead fieldwork efforts
- Conduct desktop assessments and field surveys for wildlife, vegetation, and surface waters, and delineate wetlands, waters of the state, and Waters of the U.S. per USACE permitting standards
- Lead state and federal natural resources permitting efforts (e.g. USACE/EPA, USFWS, CPW, COGCC, etc.)
- Consult with federal, state, and local agencies on regulatory issues
- Business development and management of client relations
- Create, review, and improve client deliverables including written reports and maps
- Write technical reports, scientific documents, and client memos by analyzing and interpreting proprietary and public data sets
- Expand working knowledge of various environmental disciplines
- Create educational materials for internal training purposes and lead staff training efforts
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior staff
- Perform additional assignments as necessary
- Applicants should be highly organized, a good communicator, have a good sense of humor, and be willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Attention to detail, creative problem solving, and ability to motivate teams are essential qualities.
- Positive attitude and collaborative, team-based perspective
- Bachelor's in Wildlife Biology, Environmental Science, Natural Resources Management, Environmental Policy, or related field
- 10+ years of increasing fieldwork and project management experience in a consulting setting
- 8+ years of experience with federal, state, and local regulations
- Experience with evaluating/maintaining environmental regulatory compliance
- Expertise in wildlife and vegetation surveys, including regulated species under MBTA, ESA, and Noxious Weed Regulations
- Expertise in wetland and surface water delineations and evaluations
- Technical writing expertise
- Demonstrated experience and increasing responsibilities leading teams in a management role
- Experience in implementing process improvement principles
- Capable interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to a scientific and non-scientific audience.
- Ability to work in locations that feature rough terrain and to enter and work within facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and other conditions typical of industrial facilities
- Interest and proficiency in investigative work, with high attention to detail
- Effective self-leadership with results orientation
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, follow instruction, work independently, and comply with company policies
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated, and ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Valid driver's license and proven safe driving record
- Ability to lift 40-50 pounds
- Able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
This role is subject to a client-mandated drug/alcohol testing policy. As such, employee may be subject to random drug/alcohol tests. A copy of this policy will be provided during employee onboarding.Preferred Qualifications:
Compensation and Benefits:
- Master's degree is preferred
- Certified Ecologist, Professional Wetland Scientist, Professional Wildlife Biologist, and/or other related environmental certifications
- Experience conducting Phase I and Phase II environmental site assessments following ASTM International Standard E 1527-13 and ASTM Rural Standard E 2247-16
- Experience conducting environmental due diligence assessments
As a small firm, we strive to be a great place to work where you are excited to come to work every day and be ready to tackle new and interesting challenges. Quandary provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including paid time off, 401k match, health care stipend, and reimbursement. Expected Salary: $65,000-$100,000. Quandary is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the company believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. Quandary reserves the right to pay more or less than the posted range, depending on circumstances other than candidates' statuses which are protected by local, state, or federal law.
If you have these skills and are interested in working for a dynamic environmental services company, we look forward to hearing from you!
Company DescriptionQuandary Consultants is a full service environmental and regulatory consulting company founded by professionals who successfully help companies maintain supportable practices while achieving their objectives. As a company, we strive to work with diverse clients to achieve environmental and regulatory compliance through efficiencies and cost savings. Traditional risk assessments and compliance driven programs can be cumbersome and time consuming. Our goal is to shift these processes ones that are more persistent, efficient, and compliant. Quandary's unique life cycle approach to managing environmental and regulatory projects set us apart from the rest.