Local Unit & Position Description
Do you want to be part of an organization dedicated to tackling global issues such as climate change?
Are you enthusiastic about transportation electrification to support decarbonization and the energy transition?
Do you get excited by thinking strategically and holistically about the future of energy problems and collaborating with a team exceed our customers' expectations?DNV's Energy Systems North America group is seeking a creative and collaborative team member with a vision for the future of the energy industry to join our new Strategy Team as an Transportation Electrification Program and Advisory Analyst.
This role will be responsible for supporting projects involving transportation electrification program evaluation, planning, and advisory services for utility, governmental, and OEM clients across North America. This position may also support resource utilization forecasting, customer adoption analysis, and cost-benefit analyses. This position may require some travel to other office locations and conferences once it is safe to travel, approximately 5-10% of the time.DNV is seeking the best candidate for this position and the position may be based out of any of DNV's continental U.S. offices full-time or in a remote location will be considered for the right candidate.What you'll do
Position QualificationsWhat is RequiredNote: Please submit a cover letter with your resume that details your experience conducting data analysis and any specific knowledge in the areas of transportation electrification or energy program design and evaluation.
- Support Transportation Electrification (TE) program evaluations, data analysis, program design, and adoption potential studies and forecasting efforts and distribution and system capacity planning assessments. This can include conducting research and analysis, client interaction, development of deliverables and presentation of results
- Assess the costs and benefits of TE programs from the perspective of utilities, ratepayers, program participants, and EV owners.
- Support research on the energy and non-energy related costs and benefits of these programs including emission reductions and impacts on disadvantaged communities
- Support the development of program strategies and roadmaps. This includes planning and go-to-market strategies and frameworks.
- Evaluate and benchmark utility program designs and performance metrics to support go to market strategies and program planning
- Develop models and tools that support strategic analysis and planning processes including utility rate analysis and GHG emission reduction assessments
- Developing and implementing surveys to understand EV owner, customer, and charging company attitudes and awareness of TE programs and infrastructure needs
- Interpret the results of data analyses to produce concise, meaningful conclusions and recommendations for client-facing reports and professional papers
- Identify opportunities for adding value and developing innovative approaches for our clients
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree or emphasis in a relevant discipline (Economics, public policy, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or social sciences) is an asset but not required
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in an analytical field is required, including internships or research assistant positions.
- Understanding of electric vehicles, EV charging, and general vehicle electrification opportunities and challenges preferred.
- Understanding of benefit cost assessment and economic valuation preferred
- Experience in a consulting or team-based research environment preferred
- A positive, team-oriented attitude and inquisitive mindset
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively to complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated curiosity and desire to continue learning and evolving with the market. An interest in understanding trends in decarbonization and transportation electrification developments, policies, and markets
- Willingness to undertake new and exciting activities and think creatively to find a solution to a problem. An interest in using data and research to tell a story
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; comfortable communicating with team members with different cultural
- backgrounds and experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team and have a positive, team-oriented attitude and professional demeanor
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
*Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position*How We Do ItWe Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For more information about your rights under the law, see
Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department (firstname.lastname@example.org). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.What We Offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts - FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs - Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family\
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Consumer discounts and rewards
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election**
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, DNV provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role $78,000-$120,000
Please visit our website at www.dnv.comCompany & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.