Visitation School is seeking a Pre-K Teacher in our Montessori Plus classroom. Are you a driven early childhood educator, seeking a vibrant workplace that continually invests in educators growing in their craft, and is motivated to provide students with a world-class education? Visitation School has a rare opportunity for you to do just that as a Pre-K educator in our lower school. We seek reflective, intentional educators who want to contribute to a progressive, integrated curriculum informed by Early Childhood pedagogy, principles, and best practices. Candidates should be lifelong learners who are passionate about the educational experiences of young children and who desire to contribute to a community where students are known, loved, and challenged.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Guiding and executing curriculum with a team of co-teachers.
● Interacting with students and encouraging their involvement in activities.
● Facilitating the learning process.
● Ensuring the safety of students.
● Maintaining classroom management and supervising students.
● Working with individual and small groups of children to support independence and learning.
● Fostering a nurturing and stimulating, non-competitive environment.
● Bringing strong organizational and communication skills.
● Establishing and maintaining good communication with parents.
● Having a commitment to Visitation School's mission and values.
● Demonstrating and modeling the philosophies and spirit of Visitation School. "Salesian
Spirituality" reflects gentle strength, dignity, patience, and Christian humanism.
● Demonstrating a commitment to and supporting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The ideal candidate will have or be working toward a Child Development Associate Certification or bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Development or a related field. The ideal candidate will also have experience with a variety of instructional methods and multi-age learning environments; possess familiarity with the Minnesota Department of Human Services Rule 3; be able to work collaboratively with faculty to enhance curriculum and community; possess a commitment to meeting the needs of each child; seek professional growth and understanding of best practices in education; enjoy working with students, families, and colleagues in an educational environment; and be able to demonstrate and model the philosophies and spirit of Visitation School.
Company DescriptionVisitation School is an independent Catholic day school serving a coed Lower School (Montessori Pre-K through grade 5), an all-girls Middle School (grades 6-8), and an all-girls Upper School (grades 9-12). A member of NAIS and accredited by ISACS, we are located on a beautiful, wildlife-rich, 60-acre campus in Mendota Heights, Minnesota, just over the river from St. Paul and Minneapolis. We are an intentionally small learning community, focusing on knowing students and families well, truly partnering as an educational village, and ultimately growing amazing students who will be the compassionate, creative, and tenacious leaders of tomorrow. While being small, we have access to resources, facilities, spaces, and opportunities that even much larger schools can not claim. We believe strongly in hiring amazing educators, getting them the tools they need, and then supporting them to practice their craft for the benefit of our students, families, and overall community. We are committed to increasing diversity across our faculty to better reflect our current and future student body and our greater community; we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Visitation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including tuition remission. Please visit our website at https://www.visitation.net for more information.