Job DescriptionJob Description
Career Recruiting Specialists is partners with one of the largest papermills in North America. This company for founded in 1964 and employees 11,000 plus employees.
We are seeking an experienced Safety Environmental Manager with a minimum of 5 years of experience working in this field. This is a direct hire/permanent position that offers full benefits and a competitive compensation.
The Safety Environmental Manager will report to the Plant Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing environmental compliance programs in all environmental media, including: wastewater, stormwater solid waste, hazardous waste, air, chemical management, and community right to know programs.Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate safety as a core value and establish a safe work environment by actively leading the safe execution of work
- Administer a wide range of environmental compliance programs across all areas of the facility by maintaining compliance data, policies/procedures, and recordkeeping for regulatory/permit requirement
- Coordinate permit modifications and renewals as needed
- Perform environmental compliance and regulatory reporting
- Serve as the primary contact with environmental regulatory personnel
- Serve as a technical resource to facility personnel
- Assist with chemical management, Safety Data Sheets, and reporting
- Assist with supervision of process/environmental laboratory testers
- Maintain training and certifications for aspects of environmental compliance
- Assist with tracking emerging regulatory issues and support the company's involvement in the regulatory/legislative process
Attributes for Success
- 3 to 5+ years of environmental engineering or related technical engineering experience in multiple environmental media preferred
- Must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills
- Ability to interact effectively with hourly, management, community, and regulatory personnel
- Must model the company's values and achieve results through safe work practices, cross-functional participation, manufacturing excellence, integrity and respect for others.
- Bachelor's degree in technical engineering field or related work experience
- Hard work - tackle each task with determination, passion and creativity; the willingness to put in whatever effort is required to successfully complete the job at hand
- Pursuit of Excellence - strive to consistently exceed expectations in our day-to-day work and outperform our competitors in the marketplace, regarding work and company achievements as a collaborative goal with the desire to go above and beyond
- Integrity - treat the company and teammates with upmost respect, operating on strong moral codes to drive company values and culture
- Sense of Urgency - drive forward each day with speed, agility, and flexibility to capture unrealized opportunities and avoid potential risks for the business
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - act like an owner, challenging the status quo, asking the right questions, and actively seeking ways to innovate and improve
- Adaptability - be fluid with ND Paper's continuous evolution while driving change in a fast-paced environment, equipped with the ability to acclimate quickly.
- Servant Leadership - set an example by implementing meaningful leadership with heart, empathy, foresight and stewardship.
Company DescriptionWe are a full-service Direct Hire Recruiting Service based in Macon and Augusta, GA