Job Description Environmental Health and Safety Manager Job Summary
Reviews, evaluates, and analyzes work environments and designs programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury.General Accountabilities
- Develops and manages safety and health programs that comply with regulations and industry best practices.
- Recommends measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Inspects or evaluates workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Orders suspension of activities that pose threats to workers' health or safety.
- Develops or maintains hygiene programs, such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring, ventilation surveys, or asbestos management plans.
- Investigates accidents and near-misses to identify causes or to determine how such accidents and near-misses might be prevented in the future.
- Investigates the adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, or other conditions that could affect employee health, comfort, or performance.
- Conducts safety training programs and demonstrates the use of safety equipment.
- Investigates health-related complaints and inspects facilities to ensure that they comply with laws and regulations.
- Collaborates with engineers or physicians to institute control or remedial measures for hazardous or potentially hazardous conditions or equipment.
- Provides new-employee health and safety orientations and develop materials for these presentations.
- Develops or maintains medical monitoring programs for employees.
- Coordinates "right-to-know" programs regarding hazardous chemicals.
- Maintains and updates emergency response plans or procedures.
- Inspects specified areas to ensure the presence of fire prevention equipment, safety equipment, or first-aid supplies.
- Maintains inventories of hazardous materials or hazardous wastes, using waste tracking systems to ensure that materials are handled properly.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Excellent verbal and written communication
Complex problem solving
Quality control analysis
Management of personnel resources