The Environmental Director is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the environmental services provided by and to Pearl.
areas of food waste, trash management, recycling, water conservation, water recycling, etc.
- Transform create and or invent a sustainability strategy for Pearl to be a leader in the Real Estate industry through innovative practices, systems, policies, infrastructure, and machinery
- Accountable for the overall environmental performance of Pearl. Provide strategic and technical assistance in the sustainability of our resources to include:
- Identifying and creating partnerships with thinkers and inventors of cutting-edge, forward-thinking sustainability strategies and technologies.
- Lead implementation of newest technologies aimed at transforming sustainability, energy efficiency and consumption, environmental impact, and conceptualize cost savings opportunities in ways that are practical and financially sustainable.
- Partner with marketing team to identify how sustainability strategy aligns with overall brand messaging
- Develop and manage comprehensive presentations and analytical documents for senior management and stakeholders; coordinate information gathering and analytics across multiple strategic partners
- Drive operational excellence by analyzing existing processes and developing innovative solutions; think outside the box and generate new innovative ideas.
- Lead status calls with key partners related to strategic projects; develop and maintain strategic relationships
- Create standard operating procedures to provide a blueprint for company sustainable practices and green standard
- Communicate past, present and future energy plans and performance through formal presentations
- Implement third party audit system that both holds us accountable and keeps us aware of the latest technologies in sustainability.
- Take full accountability for the reinvention of the lifecycle chain of all waste at Pearl.
Strategic thinker, curious in nature, ability to identify breakdowns, confident and solution-based decision maker.
- Passion for sustainability and track record of change management in business.
- Financial acumen that is one measure of the success of sustainability projects.
- Strong analytic skills and ability to develop/manage complex reporting; financial modeling, budgeting and forecasting background and a proven record of success in sustainability projects
- Persistence to follow through with recommendations to make them real.
- Embraces frequent change, pioneering spirit, corporate culture focused, highly organized, self-starter, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work well under pressure and within deadlines, prioritization skills, customer service oriented, detail oriented.
Required Education and Experience
- BA/BS required, Masters is a plus - Environmental Management, Occupational Safety, or other closely related field required.
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation, and sense of urgency
- Ability to develop high level senior management presentations and sophisticated Excel analytical tools.