Job DescriptionWe are seeking a Night Shift Chemistry Lab Technician to join a growing chemical company in Middletown, Ohio. This is a direct hire opportunity offering a comprehensive benefits package!
- Night shift 5:00pm - 5:00am
- This will be a 2-2-3 work schedule so flexibility to working every other Friday, Saturday, Sunday is required.
This role manages and continuously improves all laboratory processes assigned to the laboratory, while utilizing good laboratory practice. This person will perform the calibration of inspection, measuring, and testing equipment and final inspection to satisfy the requirements of the ISO quality system and all plant requirements. The Lab Technician will support and foster the corporate mission statement and quality policy.
- Responsible for quality testing and certification of products.
- Responsible for utilizing ISO procedures that apply to laboratory functions: calibration, inspection, measuring, in process testing, and final inspection and testing.
- Care for laboratory equipment assets.
- Standardize solutions and calibrate equipment according to schedule.
- Responsible for properly handling and storing solvents including maintaining chemical inventory.
- Maintain SQC charts; observe for trends or out of control situations - bring these to the attention of the QC Supervisor.
- Perform routine clerical work and fill sample requests and/or additional analysis.
- Keep the laboratory in a neat and organized manner.
- Complete projects or tasks as assigned to continually improve the quality department as a whole or improve the lab.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Responsible Care Management System® including the establishment of policies and procedures, assigning responsibilities and tracking progress.
- Minimum of an Associate's degree in any of the following disciplines: Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Zoology, or Chemical Lab Technology.
- Ability to work night shift and every other weekend.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the use of lab equipment such as pH, moisture balance, KF apparatus, HPLCs, GCs, ICs and viscometers.
- Be service oriented, as well as self-motivated, a team player, and an independent driven individual, and able to contribute to a continuous improvement environment.
- Due to safety sensitive nature of job, must pass regular & routine chemical dependency testing.
- Personal computer experience and knowledgeable in MS Word and Excel and the ability to quickly learn software; must have good typing skills.
- Training or certification in a quality management system.
- Background in SPC/SQC, ISO 9001 quality system, GLP, and continuous improvement.
- Understanding of the importance of SOP's and document control.
The lab does not rotate, and shift assignments (days or nights) are assigned by seniority if multiple people are interested.