Job Description Job Summary:
Provide support for Natural Resources based projects in north Texas area specializing in environmental construction oversight and monitoring and avian surveys. Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Experience:
- Work independently in the field with limited immediate oversight
- Assist with wetland and threatened and endangered species issues, and state and federal environmental permitting.
- Conduct environmental construction oversight/monitoring and avian surveys while working with multiple other consultants while maintaining aggressive project schedules
- Conduct threatened and endangered species habitat assessments, site investigations, ecological surveys and wetland delineations
- Interpret data collected in the field
- Keep deliverable schedules and adhere to budgets
- Stay current with applicable regulations related to construction oversight
- Be a positive member of the team and encourage communication and coordination across ECT offices and service lines
- Be a mentor and active member of the team in terms of technical training, product quality and health and safety
- Bachelors with 1-3 years of experience in construction oversight, SWPPP, wetland and stream issues, environmental permit compliance in the Midwest/western United States
- Renewable energy experience preferred
- Experience working on previous environmental construction support projects preferred
- Maintain a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Able to travel extensively (80-90%) to provide environmental support at construction sites, conduct fieldwork, and client meetings
- Travel out of town and overnight to multiple states in the Midwest working in varying outdoor weather conditions, that may include extreme temperatures and possibly working in and around water
- Able to work long days hours outside a standard M-F schedule.
- Able to lift 50+ pounds, pull, hike, and sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Strong technical knowledge base in environmental oversight, wetlands, and wildlife
- Strong environmental permitting experience (401/404 permitting)
- Technical report writing
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal communication skills, and expertise regarding construction oversight
ECT is an employee-owned, multidisciplinary natural resources and environmental consulting firm serving private and public-sector clients by integrating science, engineering, technology, planning, and management systems to provide practical solutions to complex challenges. ECT maintains a drug-free environment and is an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer.