The Environmental, Health and Safety Manager role is directly responsible for implementing and maintaining the EHS Management System for the Fulfillment Center. The EHS Manager is responsible for working with site leadership to develop a robust safety culture, which engages all Associates.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Interprets, implements, and drives EHS policies, programs, guidelines, and training with direction from the regional EHS manager and Corporate EHS team assisting in customization of policies and procedures and providing recommended changes, as necessary
- Drives Associate safety engagement expectations for the site with a focus on continuous safety improvement.
- Leads site efforts to support the EHS vision focused on world class workplace safety
- Partners with the site General Manager (GM) to hold site leadership accountable for workplace safety including but not limited to incident reporting, leading indicators, and adhering to general safety expectations communicated through training, auditing, or other equivalent methods
- Develops monthly safety progress metrics for trending and identifying areas of opportunities
- Works closely with the site GM and /or site Sr. Leadership team to ensure the site maintains a continuous safety improvement path
- Collaborates with site Sr. Leadership to develop safety recognition programs with a focus on Associate engagement
- Develop and implement the EHS Solutions Group
- Demonstrates an ability to influence change across the Fulfillment Center
- Partners with Project Managers and Facilities to ensure regulatory compliance and safety design is incorporated into equipment, process and building projects. Ensures workplace safety and health practices are incorporated with all construction, installation, and remediation site projects.
- Manages the site Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics programs
- Liaison for all site regulatory agency inquiries (OSHA, EPA, DOT, or state equivalent). Responds to regulatory inspections, working directly with agency personnel. Partners with regional EHS manager and company Legal to develop responses to investigations, agency requests and proposed citations
- Manages the overall site regulated waste program for compliance purposes
- Responsible for managing the overall site regulatory compliance program
- Provides regular updates to Sr. EHS leadership regarding site safety performance and integration of the company EHS program.
- Partners with peers to share site specific best practices and potentially develops network or company environmental, health, safety programs, policies, guidelines, and training.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Creating Collaborative Relationships- Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships with others outside of his or her own functional area
- Managing Work- Effectively managing his or her own and others' time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Developing Others- Planning and supporting the development of individuals' skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- BS/BA degree in safety or related field
- Experience leading EHS for large Fulfillment Centers
- Microsoft Excel proficiency required
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products and Windows Operating Systems
- Work flexible hours including, some nights and weekends as necessary
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using written and spoken English including the ability to provide clear, constructive feedback to Associates
- Expert ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Possess expert analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proficient ability to model consistently GameStop's commitment to a respectful, diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment.