Rhodium Group is recruiting Research Interns to join the company's China Practice teams for a term of three months, starting in June 2022 through September 2022. Interns will be managed out of our NYC or D.C. offices, and have the option to work in-office, hybrid, or remotely.
Interviews will begin March 7th.
Rhodium is looking for talented interns to join our world-class team of researchers on China's economy and global footprint. With a focus on China's policies and their global impact, you will support the team's efforts in producing cutting-edge research on China by contributing to data collection and analysis, policy monitoring, written reports, and other key deliverables.
Three Rhodium China Practice teams are recruiting interns. Please be sure to indicate on your application if you are applying for any of the other positions.
China Markets Research:
The China Markets Research team analyses short-term and long-term developments in China's economy and financial markets for a global base of institutional investors. This team is looking for interns with a particular interest and skillset in:
- Monetary and exchange rate policy
- China's real estate market
- Domestic and international operations of China's financial system
Attractive candidates will have the following qualifications:
Location and Travel Requirements
- A current student or recent graduate of an undergraduate or graduate degree program in international economics, international affairs, China/Asia studies, political economy, data science, or related fields
- Some initial work experience with applied policy and economic research preferred but not essential
- A research interest and developing expertise in China's economy and economic policies
- Ability to conduct research and autonomously produce quality work
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both within the firm and externally
- Either native speaker-level English skills and strong Chinese language proficiency or native speaker-level Chinese with working proficiency in English. Ideal candidates can read and interpret China's policies, press conferences, data, reports, media, and research
All interns will work remotely and report to managers in US time zones.Compensation, Benefits and Recruiting Process
Internships will be paid. Rhodium Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to fostering an environment that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefits package, and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues.
About Rhodium Group
Rhodium Group is an independent research provider combining economic data and policy insight to analyze global trends. Rhodium has decades of experience advising CEOs, portfolio managers, philanthropists and policy leaders. In addition to our stand-alone analyses, we maintain long-standing collaborations with leading think tanks and universities in the United States, Asia, and Europe. Our work is regularly cited by media and government bodies, and consulted by firms, investors, philanthropic leaders and policymakers worldwide. Key areas of Rhodium expertise include Chinese economic, social and political development, energy and climate change, India's emergence as a global player, and advanced economy restructuring.
Powered by JazzHR