is seeking a Senior Consultant, Climate Change
to join our growing corporate sustainability and climate change advisory services practice.
In this role, you will be a key contributor to a team developing and growing ERMs corporate sustainability and climate change business. ERM delivers a wide range of climate change services including strategy development, policy and regulatory analysis, target setting, and benchmarking. We help clients, including global companies, electric and natural gas utilities, and financial institutions, develop and implement climate change programs across a broad range of industry sectors and contribute to climate, clean energy, and clean transportation policy development.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional looking to play a key role working with an expert consulting team on leading-edge climate advisory projects for Fortune 500 and privately held clients.RESPONSIBILITIES:Managing Clients and Projects
Teamwork and Organization
- Leads advisory projects, leveraging a firm understanding of the current landscape for state and federal transportation sector programs and policies with a particular focus on transportation decarbonization and electrification;
- Demonstrates expertise in the evaluation of climate and energy policy, and conducting policy and technical analyses;
- Demonstrates expertise in electric utility program development and regulation; utility transportation electrification program design and implementation a must;
- Advises and manages climate-related projects including the analysis of transportation emission reduction levers and strategic policy assessment and design.
- Supports development of climate change strategy, action planning, and/or modeling of and setting science-based targets.
- Supports and manages stakeholder engagement and/or coalition development/ management.
- Thinks strategically in order to influence decision-makers and outcomes.
- Distills complexity from detail to effectively coach colleagues to deliver high-quality outputs.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills and oversight through the project lifecycle, including scoping, budget and delivery.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills, excellent writing and presentation skills, and a mastery of impactful client communication.
- Advanced skills in Excel, modeling, and/or GIS a plus.
- Builds strong and trusted relationships with clients and/or business partners.
Business Development Activities
- Demonstrates strong people management skills; particularly the ability to support, coach and celebrate others in order to advance employee engagement and achieve results.
- Mentors junior staff in the proper planning and execution of projects, and in directing or conducting independent technical reviews of deliverable work products.
- Manages a team of up to three junior consultants.
- Identifies, evaluates, cultivates and manages partnerships and relationships with senior clients, external stakeholders and key opinion leaders.
- Effectively collaborates internally to bring our services to existing clients.
- Enhances ERMs capability to sell and deliver Climate Change services.
- Supports Account Management teams in meeting sales goals.
- Supports new business development campaigns, proposals and pitches.
Who We Are:
- Bachelors degree required, with Masters degree (preferred) in policy, law, economics, engineering, or basic/applied science (such as physics, chemistry, material sciences, environmental science, earth sciences, etc.).
- 5-15 years of relevant work experience in a related field, such as consultancy, private sector (power, transportation, utilities, etc.), or environmental policy.
- A thorough understanding of technical, economic, policy and market challenges and opportunities associated with decarbonization with a particular focus on the transportation sector.
- Attention to detail and commitment to deliver high-quality work products.
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills.
- Structured and effective communicator that can shape and deliver messages to executive level and facilitate effective client engagements.
- Experience of line management and/or contributing to the professional development of other teammates is a plus.
- Enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, and a desire to work in a growing team.
As the worlds leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!