is seeking an energetic and knowledgeable Senior Climate Change Consultant.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional looking to play a key role working with an expert consulting team on interesting climate advisory projects for Fortune 500 and privately held clients.Responsibilities:
- Serve as technical lead and project manager working with clients in the evaluation of climate change risks and opportunities, conducting financial impact analysis and reporting according to TCFD.
- Advise and manage climate-related projects including the design and development of GHG inventories (Scopes 1 and 2, with particular emphasis on Scope 3), analysis of emissions reductions levers (e.g., energy efficiency measures, options for green power purchasing, onsite renewables) and estimating costs thereof.
- Support development of climate change strategy and action planning, and modeling and setting of science-based targets.
- Support the evaluation and development of internal carbon pricing projects for clients.
- Lead CDP climate, water, and supply chain advisory and reporting projects.
- Communicate with clients, ERM teams, and subcontractors (when applicable).
- Mentor junior and mid-level staff in the proper planning and execution of projects, and in directing or conducting independent technical reviews of deliverable work products.
- Support the general growth and development of ERMs energy and climate change services. Collaborate with other ERM practitioners to execute energy and climate change projects, including participating on teams comprised of energy and climate change professionals from multiple offices around North America and the globe.
- Collaborate with our Sustainability Strategy and Disclosure services, Digital Services and other practice areas to provide integrated solutions to our clients.
- Actively support cross-selling other services to existing clients.
Who We Are:
- Bachelors degree in engineering or other relevant disciplines. Master of Science or Professional Engineer preferred.
- 10+ years experience in climate change consulting or a related industry position with technical competence in greenhouse gas emissions accounting, management and reporting.
- Experience and confidence to lead and grow business in a dynamic market environment.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyze and synthesize diverse qualitative and quantitative data and information.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with a range of stakeholders, including diverse project teams and client contacts.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions.
- High level proficiency in use of Microsoft Office programscomfort with complicated Excel formulas, pivot tables, etc., plus ability to present information succinctly and visually in PowerPoint; sophisticated data analysis a plus.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), strategic thinking, negotiation, presentation, and people skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to build, coach, and mentor collaborative teams.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of ERM as a global company.
As the worlds leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!