Manager, Carbon Markets
Location: Burlington, VT or US-based remote Applications will be accepted until Friday, May 6, 2022, and expected start date is June 13, 2022. About Native
Since 2000, Native has worked with companies to develop authentic solutions to their sustainability challenges and to implement community-scale projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, strengthen businesses, and contribute to progress on climate change around the world.
We construct unique project portfolios to meet climate goals, drive business value, and deliver tangible benefits to stakeholder communities - from customers and suppliers to employees and shareholders. Our methods enable companies to put their sustainability strategies into practice by investing in new climate action projects within their value chain.
Native's team of strategists, project developers, environmental scientists, and legal counsel are devoted to strengthening the people, companies, and places at the heart of these initiatives, and we are seeking a Manager, Carbon Markets to join our team. About the role
You are a good fit for this role if you have experience building lasting relationships with a network of colleagues across an international field and structuring agreements for mutual, long-term benefit. This role requires strong analytical skills to drive decisions; fast-paced, data-driven follow-through; and a results-oriented mindset. You will be responsible for originating opportunities to support climate action projects that align with Native's strategy, and for structuring agreements for those projects.
At Native, our purpose is to catalyze meaningful climate action, and the relationships and advocacy this role requires contribute to that purpose. You will join Native's Client Strategy team, headed by the VP of Client Strategy. What you'll accomplish:
What you bring:
- Lead the origination of opportunities for Native to meaningfully support climate action projects of distinction that align with Native's strategy and complement our active project portfolio
- Negotiate commercial terms and contracts that create mutual benefit for projects, project proponents and Native as a catalytic project partner
- Consistently build collaborative relationships with an international network of project representatives, including brokers, project developers, and others
- Facilitate due diligence and other investigations and information exchange between Native and project representatives
- Analyse, curate and present quantitative insights to Native's VP of Client Strategy to inform the evolution of Native's approach, and to advocate for compelling new opportunities
- Actively track market forecasts, changes and trends in the carbon market
- Represent Native in respective forums and climate action initiatives
- Experience developing and managing long-term relationships
- The commercial skills and professional experience to structure and negotiate project and partnership deals
- Ability to monitor markets, understand market supply and demand, and inform senior management on investment and procurement decisions
- Knowledge of climate action project types and associated benefits beyond climate, and familiarity with carbon project standards
- Working knowledge of company climate targets, as well as broader knowledge of climate change and its causes
- Professional experience with environmental markets, and greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reduction and removal markets specifically
- Demonstrated quantitative skills and ability to organize and analyze data to enable business decisions
- A proactive commitment to problem solving, taking initiative, ensuring results, and curiosity
- Demonstrated ability to work productively both in a team and autonomously to achieve objectives
- An entrepreneurial mindset, comfortable self-organizing to set and meet deadlines
- Experience using Salesforce
- A high degree of emotional intelligence
- Authorization to work in the United States
Native believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, engaged team are key to providing excellent stakeholder experiences. We're searching for teammates who can enhance our culture and make our business better, and we strive to provide all applicants with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
Native provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Native complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.