Cell Biology Scientist
Albany, New York
Albany is capital city of New York and well known for its history, culture, and entertainment districts. Albany was one of the first European settlements and much of that can still be seen in its architecture, landscapes, and buildings. Located on the banks of the Hudson River, Albany has a great mix of busy city and suburb environments to call home.
On Time Talent Solutions is seeking a Cell Biology Scientist. The ideal candidate will need to be excited by the fast-paced environment, engaged while performing multiple roles, and possess a versatile set of technical skills.
Cell Biology Scientist Responsibilities:
- Culture cell lines for required experimental objectives.
- Perform cell-based assays and PCR methods to determine viral infectivity and titers.
- Assist in the development of methods to enhance AAV and LV production in mammalian and insect expression systems.
- Learn and execute viral particle characterization assays.
- Work in a matrix environment to conceive, design, and implement strategies to address current challenges associated with virus production and downstream characterization assays.
- Will maintain accurate lab notebooks and training files in accordance with relevant standards to support patent application and defense as well as other international standards (e.g., ISO compliance, GLP/GMP requirements, etc.).
- Perform literature searches related to products under development and new idea generation.
- Work with customers to troubleshoot problems and understand unmet needs.
- Will make contributions to scientific literature and conferences and comply with all company safety regulations and procedures.
Cell Biology Scientist Qualifications:
- B.S. degree in Cell Biology, Virology or relevant scientific discipline.
- 1-3+ years of relevant experience with mammalian or insect cell culture and aseptic techniques
- Current laboratory techniques including transient transfection, PCR, quantitative real-time PCR, ELISA, and other relevant assays.
- Knowledge of transient mammalian (plasmid) and insect (baculovirus) systems for protein expression and virus production a plus.
- Experience with flow cytometry a plus.
- Experience with AAV purification and downstream characterization assays a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of completing tasks within established timelines.
- Solid technical writing skills.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret, summarize, and present scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner to both technical and non-technical audiences.