Hispanic Alliance for Career EnhancementDescriptionAbout JLL
We're JLL-a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 98,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That's why we're committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We're using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we're honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we're headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the requirements below. We're interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!JLL Sustainability
Becoming more sustainable is one of the biggest challenges facing corporates today - and the built environment accounts for approximately 40% of the world's CO2 emissions. Everyone's now asking how can we decarbonize our real estate , preferably in the most efficient and effective way. It's where JLL's sustainability experts can make a tangible difference, advising companies on how to invest in and implement measures that deliver a potent combination of financial, environmental, and social returns. Join JLL to drive the change that's needed and shape the future of real estate for a better world - a net zero world.
We are currently seeking a Vice President, ESG Strategy
to focus on sustainability strategy, advancing ESG development, and net-zero carbon design.
You will join our Project and Development Services team in the West Region of the US (location flexible, preferred: San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA, San Diego, CA, Phoenix, AZ, Portland, OR, Salt Lake City, UT, Seattle, WA, Denver, CO).
As a Vice President, ESG Strategy
, you will be directly responsible for managing and delivering sustainability advisory services, ESG strategy assignments, and net-zero carbon design for Fortune 500 clients around the globe . You will support the sustainability project management team to deliver challenging commercial real estate projects for a diverse set of owner, occupier, and investor clients. You will collect and prepare strategy and reporting documentation, track metrics, maintain schedules and budgets and deliver client updates. Your interest in sustainability projects from start to finish will speak to your ability to support your team in delivering impactful results. You are accountable, collaborative, a self-starter, and demonstrate enthusiasm for implementing innovative ideas in a team environment. You are proactive and can think ahead to anticipate the needs of the team regarding market trends, data accuracy, research, and project management related technology.What this job involves
Sound like you? Here are the skills we are looking for:Technical Skills:
- Lead consulting service delivery for a range of large and complex real estate clients, including investor, owner, and occupier; identify gaps and opportunities; manage professional relationships and the effective delivery of sustainability services
- Coordinate with clients to develop creative solutions to meet their ESG and sustainability ambitions, including but not limited to goal development and refinement, disclosure and reporting, strategy roadmaps, and plan implementation
- Manage business development efforts and achieve business growth targets
- Engage with clients, investors, developers, and occupiers of commercial real estate to develop relationships and identify new opportunities to deliver sustainability solutions
- Build the business's profile through insightful thought leadership and participation in various industry groups; influence the market through media such as speaking events, social media, and press.
- Coordinate with and support sustainability communications and marketing teams to develop materials to pitch and win new business
- Support the consulting team through team recruitment and retention; make a significant contribution to the management of the business
- Inspire the consulting team by acting as a role model and mentor, support skills and learning development
- Understand climate science and commercial real estate's role in climate change
- Experience with Green House Gas (GHG) Protocol, including data collection, calculations and baselining for Scopes 1, 2 and 3 emissions.
- Experience supporting or implementing Net Zero strategy (energy, carbon/emissions, water, waste) for corporate occupiers or investors with a focus in real estate
- Develop climate risk strategies suitable for application to both corporate occupiers and investor clients to align with industry standards such as TCFD
- Provide clients with solutions to reduce risk associated local, regional, and global regulations that affect the built environment
- Understand external ESG reporting framework requirements and how to clearly communicate and align client disclosures for GRI, GRESB, CDP, SASB
- Analyze client data including identifying and benchmarking KPIs for internal and external reporting or disclosure
- Familiar with benchmarking application tools in the marketplace used for sustainability and ESG disclosure.
- Conduct financial calculations to support client decision making for sustainability focused projects including IRR, NOI, payback, asset value
- Broad knowledge of technologies or solutions that provide energy, emissions or water reductions or monetary savings for real estate investors or corporate occupiers
- Experience working with diverse asset classes and knowledge of the unique sustainability challenges and opportunities presented by each - Retail, Residential, Industrial, Office, Hotel
- Understand the design and construction of buildings or tenant spaces and how best to implement energy and water efficiency characteristics and materials selection to promote sustainability and health & wellness.
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Efficient and effective communicator, capable of translating industry jargon and technical information into digestible content
- Great listener, both of clients and other team members
- Helps and serves clients to anticipate, understand, and exceed their needs while maximizing value creation
- Builds rapport and maintains friendly, respectful relationships across the business and externally with stakeholders and clients
- Autonomous yet capable and willing to work on and support a team
- Focuses on the business's bottom line and identifies opportunities that hold the most promise for additional sources of income and/or cost reduction
- Uses imagination to create innovative and engaging products and solutions that challenge the status quo
- Understands how analytics and technology can be used to measure the effectiveness of activities, support decision making, and ultimately ensure success
#hybridWhat you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can't wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you'll be asked to provide proof that you're fully vaccinated upon your start date. You're considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at AccomodationRequest@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.Job Information
- Job ID: 62701475
- Company Name For Job:JLL
- Position Title:Vice President, ESG Strategy
Please refer to the company's website or job descriptions to learn more about them.
Threat and Vulnerability Penetration Testing Sr...
Director, Investment Banking
BMO Harris Bank
Head of Crypto Engineering (Server), Cash App
Insert additional messaging here.