Scientist / Senior Scientist* Disease Biology and Biomarker Development at Septerna
Septerna is an early-stage biotechnology company with a vision to become the industry-leading G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR)-focused R&D company with a portfolio of life-changing medicines. The company's Native Complex™ Platform recapitulates GPCRs with their native structure, function, and dynamics outside of the cellular environment to enable new technologies for industrial-scale drug discovery for the entire GPCR target class for the first time. Septerna has an emerging pipeline of GPCR-targeted small molecule drug discovery programs, along with growth potential to reach many GPCRs that have been undruggable and unexploited to date. Septerna was launched by scientific founders who have made groundbreaking GPCR discoveries and by founding investor Third Rock Ventures. For more information see: www.septerna.com .
Join a multidisciplinary team of colleagues focused on creating revolutionary medicines to address significant needs of patients. Bring your real self to work every day; grow and learn from a talented team of drug hunters, scientists, and business professionals; and contribute your passion, creativity, and energy to our mission. At Septerna we embrace diversity of thought, expertise, and background; we share a fearless pursuit of ground-breaking innovations; and our employees learn from each other and succeed as a team.
We are seeking experienced Scientist/Senior Scientist-level* researchers who will be responsible for in-vitro and in vivo pharmacology and pharmacodynamics studies of drug candidates and biomarker discovery efforts. This individual will be responsible for establishing the company's internal capabilities and running preclinical studies for programs in multiple therapeutic areas. He/she will serve on cross-functional project teams, will contribute biological and pharmacological insights to all projects, and will develop ideas for new therapeutic programs. This is an outstanding opportunity to collaborate with talented colleagues who share a passion for developing new disease-modifying therapeutics that will make a difference for patients. The successful candidate will be highly motivated to participate in and shape Septerna's GPCR-focused innovative drug R&D efforts and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment.
*Title commensurate with experience
This position requires a Ph.D. in a life sciences discipline and at least 2+ years of experience for Scientists and 5+ years of experience for Senior Scientists ideally in a biotech or pharmaceutical setting, working in matrixed drug discovery project teams applying scientific concepts of disease biology and pharmacology. Expertise across multiple therapeutic areas including one or more of the following is desired: immunology/inflammation, neuroscience, endocrinology, or metabolic disease. He/she will have deep expertise in physiology and pharmacology, an outstanding scientific reputation in his/her field, and a reputation as an emerging leader.
• Contemporary expertise and experience with in-vivo pharmacology including the design and analysis of studies using a variety of animal disease models, and expertise in pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics and cell-based and tissue-based pharmacology
• Experience with biomarker development (pharmacodynamic, predictive, and safety) to inform clinical translation and patient selection strategies is a plus
• Strong statistical analysis skills including experience analyzing large data sets and an ability to articulate conclusions and recommendations from complex study results
• Experience working within cross-functional project teams, and a track record of successful collaboration with internal or external teams at contract research organizations and academic laboratories
• Experience authoring in vivo study protocols, reports, and regulatory documents (including IND filings) is strongly desired
• Outstanding communication skills with demonstrated ability to make effective presentations in a broad range of settings, and strong collaboration, and organizational skills
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
29 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02116
P (617) 585-2000