We are seeking a cell biologist to join our protein engineering team. The Scientist will be responsible for scaling up transient transfections, generating engineered cell lines and conducting cell-based assays. The successful Scientist should be a reliable, highly motivated and an exceptionally innovative biotechnologist who will work collaboratively on development of new cell resources at an expedited pace. In addition, the Scientist must have superior organizational skills with attention to detail, the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately, and be able to adjust rapidly to shifting priorities and variable workloads.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Scale up and transfection for transient protein expression
- Stable clone/ Pool generation in Mammalian Expression systems including 293 and CHO cells.
- Develop and perform cell-based cytotoxicity and reporter assays.
- Ability to Handle and Propagate Tumor cells lines
- Ability to Interpret and Present results in a concise manner at internal meetings.
- Maintain and update electronic laboratory notebooks
- PhD or similar relevant experience in Biology, Biotechnology or a related field
- Working knowledge of Molecular Biology and expertise in various cell biology laboratory techniques, including but not limited to construct design, transfections, dilution plating, stable clone selection, cell sorting and FACS.
- Experience in setting up and conducting Cell based assays
- Experience working with platform cell lines such as Expi293 and ExpiCHO as well as cell line engineering is a plus.
- Experience with protein engineering techniques
- Proficiency with molecular biology software such as VNTI and/or Geneious.
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients' lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix's two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please be advised that Amunix requires that all employees have the COVID-19 vaccination to work onsite, unless the employee has an approved medical or religious exemption.