ResponsibilitiesHealth Safety Environmental Technician
This full-time exempt level positon is responsible for compliance with corporate, federal, and state safety policies. Develops training materials, conducts safety training, and new hire orientation. Conducts on site safety observations and inspections, audits and training needs assessments all while working in accordance with Allan Myers policies, procedures, and programs. This position requires extensive travel/commute to and from field sites; work locations for assignments are subject to change.
- Conducts site observations for safety compliance and adheres to company policies.
- Assists Operations with pre-planning safety into all situations through risk-assessment, job hazard analysis, identifying hazards, and putting in place controls.
- Readies and provides training documentation and other materials to ensure worksites have required OSHA, MSHA, and DOT documentation in place (i.e. hazcom, rigging, cranes, excavation, scaffolds, etc.).
- Develops training materials for specific site hazards based on site visit needs assessments.
- Performs incident investigations.
- Develops and assists with site specific Toolbox Talks, Safety Flashes, and monthly training modules.
- Conducts Subcontractor Safe starts and assists worksites in overseeing subcontractor safety compliance and performance.
- Conducts, develops, and oversees all OSHA and MSHA inspections and related training.
- Conducts new hire orientation.
- Conducts post-accident drug screens.
- Attends Morning Huddles and participates in project planning meetings.
- Attends and participates in dynamic stretching at the work sites.
- Provides safety expertise to Project Team and in jobsite support.
- Where necessary, purchases safety equipment.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. QualificationsExperience & Education/Certification:
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- HSE/Safety related Bachelors degree and 1-3 years of experience in a HSE/Safety role; OR no degree with 3-5 years of experience in Heavy Civil construction.
- Valid drivers license required.
- Must be able to travel overnight or long distances on occasion.
- Must possess a willingness to learn and adapt to change.
- Ability to work under deadlines and pressure.
- Must possess excellent communication (verbal/written) & time management skills.
- Knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, and DOT regulations preferred.
- Must be detail oriented.
Our reputation for \u201cBetter, Faster, Safe
\u201d performance continues to bring us tremendous success. To keep up with rising demand for our products and services, we need to hire many more hard-working, ambitious people to fill hourly and salaried positions. Join our elite team, learn and grow with us, and we will provide a pathway to the American Dream for you and your family.Allan Myers has GREAT BENEFITS
& Perks including: Bonus Program, Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Online Counseling, Life Insurance, ID Watchdog, Wellness Program, 401(K), PTO and Holidays.
Allan Myers is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.